Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Friday Night....

Went downtown with The Wife last night. Hope to never do that again. Don’t get me wrong, I love The Wife… it’s driving downtown that I hate. For one thing, we couldn’t just go straight to the place. There is very little downtown that you can go straight to. We had to circle around until we found a One Way street that was going the one way we wanted to go. Then we had to find parking. THAT was fun. Why go downtown, you ask? It was for an art show/fund raiser for Pattison’s Academy. That was the ONLY reason I agreed to break my “No driving downtown” rule. Of course there are already exceptions to this rule anyway. I drive Mary Ruth to the aquarium. I sometimes have to drive downtown for work. But in those cases, I already have a path that I follow. This was different. Anyway, Pattison’s Academy is a great thing, so I agreed to go. Even though I wanted to go to a high school football game. There was some good art there, just none that we could afford.

So as we were leaving I had to break yet another rule: “Absolutely no driving downtown in the dark”. This all comes from when I was in high school. I think I was a junior at the time. A group of us went out to eat at some place downtown after a baseball game. I got lost on the way back home. Somehow, getting from downtown to JI was just too much for me. I ended up in North Charleston. Anyway, as we are leaving downtown we get to the Market area. As we come to a red light, a group of people walk by. The only reason I noticed them was that as the driver I must always be aware of my surroundings. The Wife, however, brought my attention to a young lady who was walking in front of us. The Wife did not agree with what this young lady was wearing (or at least, how she was wearing it). I myself had not noticed, but it seems the young lady had somehow pinned her dress in the back causing it to hug her body and let everyone know what kind of undergarments she was wearing. Of course this brought great concern to me (How did I not see this?!), but fortunately the young lady was behind a slow moving group allowing me the opportunity to see what The Wife was talking about (also allowing me to make the appropriate comment “Oh that’s just sad. Why would someone go out looking like that?”). Of course, had I not said that, The Wife would have been mad at me for looking (even though she was the one that pointed out what the young lady was wearing). Go figure…

No comments:

Post a Comment