Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Saturday, October 31, 2009

Thoughts while watching/listening to college football

The Winthrop basketball season tips-off in just two weeks! This is the most anticipated season for me since last year. I think this might be the year that The Eagles win the NCAA Tournament.

Could Clemson football games be on a worse radio station down here? I can’t get it to come in at my house. Fortunately, I have an internet radio out in my den so that I can listen to the game.


Can’t wait for the Gamecock/Vols game tonight. I think USC might win this game. Still, beating Tennessee at their place isn’t an easy thing to do… I think it’ll be a good game.


Don’t forget to turn your clocks back an hour tonight. Otherwise you’ll get to Ashley Ridge an hour early and you’ll have to help set-up. Haha… But really, come out to Ashley Ridge tomorrow to hear about Mark 9.


Well Goose Creek let me down last night. They fell to Berkeley making my prediction wrong. Congrats to Berkeley and Summerville for winning their regions.

Cleveland Cavs update: Don’t look now but my Cavs got their first win last night. It’s like I told LeBron on facebook and Shaq on Twitter… you’ve just got to relax and have fun out there. Good to see my advice worked.


Winthrop Eagles update: The Eagles are having their second Homecoming of the year on November 14. Homecoming for Winthrop has always (at least in recent memory) been the last Saturday home basketball game of the season (which usually lands anywhere from the middle of February to the first Saturday in March). Someone decided they wanted Winthrop to have their Homecoming in the fall like other schools. I would not have a problem with this… except that Winthrop doesn’t have football like all of those other schools. So Homecoming will now be on the first Saturday home game of the season. Here’s something you should know about fans at Winthrop games… most are also fans of either Clemson or USC. I say this based on the number of Clemson/USC shirts and hats I see at Winthrop home games. Why does this matter? Both Clemson and USC have football games on November 14 (Clemson will be at NC State and USC will host Florida). The Homecoming game usually has one of the biggest crowds of the season… but something tells me that won’t be the case this year. Given the choice between watching a football game and attending a Winthrop basketball game… I’ll go to the Winthrop basketball game. But other than Jeremy, there aren’t too many people like me. I have a feeling this is going to be a small Homecoming crowd on November 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment