Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What’s the deal with Vampires?

So when did vampires become cool? Books, movies, TV’s… they’re everywhere. How did this happen? More importantly, why hasn’t this happened with wookiees? Let’s be honest, wookiees are WAAAAAY better than vampires. It’s not even close.

So how good was the food that was brought to us last night? I finished it off for breakfast this morning. It was that dang good.

Went to the doctor again today. The visit to the doctor was great. All of the people there are wonderful…

The bad part was we (i.e. The Wife) had to take Susie to get blood drawn today… and the people at the hospital messed up. So we (The Wife) had to take Susie back to the hospital to have more blood drawn. Really, how much blood does a 10 day old baby have?! My new rule is going to be every time I take one of my girls to have blood drawn or to get a shot, I’m going to stick the person giving the shot or drawing the blood with a needle. Maybe then they’ll focus a little more and do it right the first time.

Some famous birthdays today: Charlie Daniels – 73, Bruce Jenner – 60, Bill Gates – 54, Julia Roberts – 42, Brad Paisley – 37.

Congrats to my good friend Bill Cosby for being awarded the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. Seems this was the 12th annual Mark Twain Prize for American Humor… leading me to ask, “What took so long?” Don’t get me wrong, the past 11 winners are funny people… but there’s no way Bill Cosby should be the 12th winner. At the very least, he should have been one of the first 5. Honestly, he should have been number 1 (maybe #2… Richard Pryor was number 1… hard to argue that). You have to think the other winners are now sitting there thinking, “Now this prize is legit”. The Cosby Show alone should have gotten him this award years ago… but he’s done so much more than that. There are just some awards or honors that won’t be taken seriously until some people receive them. This prize now means something since Bill Cosby has won it. The Charleston Baseball Hall of Fame was just a nice idea for the first couple of years until Chal Port was inducted… then it became a real Charleston Baseball Hall of Fame. The new NASCAR Hall of Fame would be a joke without Richard Petty in it.

I think it’s time for James Island to have a Baseball Hall of Fame.

It looks like Michael Palmer is “doubtful” for the Clemson game this Saturday against Coastal Carolina. Doubtful? Did anyone else see the hit he took last Saturday? He was KO’d. If he plays this Saturday, someone should arrest the coaches and trainers. You don’t mess around with concussions.

Cleveland Cavs fact of the day: The Cavs have gotten off to a slow start losing their game last night to the Celtics and losing their game tonight to the Raptors. So my boys are off to an 0-2 start. That's ok, it's a long season.

Winthrop Eagles fact of the day: Jeremy and I have season tickets for Winthrop men’s basketball season, making us (perhaps) the only two people outside of Rock Hill to have season tickets for the Winthrop men’s basketball season. Our seats? About mid-court, 3 rows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment