Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Saturday, November 7, 2009

ANCHORS AWEIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO NAVY! GO NAVY! GO NAVY! GO NAVY!

I told you earlier this week that it was going to happen and it did. Navy went to South Bend and laid it on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. The final score was 23-21, but it wasn’t really close until the end. Navy just pounded the Irish… Notre Dame players are going to be hurting all of next week. Great game. GO NAVY! This is just another example of good overcoming evil.

I also told you to take James Island and the points last night… and I was right about that, too. The Trojans beat the West Ashley Wildcats by 10 points (35-25). This allowed the Trojans to end the season on a high note.

I have noticed something I find rather funny about college fans (mainly in football and basketball… but it might be like this in all sports). If their school has a good team, they will talk about their team. However, if their school doesn’t have a good team, they spend most of their time talking about their conference. As if just being in the conference makes them good. At best, this is faulty logic… at worst, a lame excuse for not winning.

Summerville won Region 8-AAAA, yet no Green Wave players will be playing in the North-South game. Seems you have to be under 20 years old to play in that game. HA! I don’t care what you think, jokes like that never get old.

My post today is brought to you by MasterCard:


Just to let you know, I will not be posting tomorrow or Monday. I have been hearing from people who are having trouble keeping up with all of my posts. Seems the other blog they follow only has about 1 or 2 posts a week (max). So, in an effort to help them catch up, I will take the next two days off. Ok, the real reason is I need to study for my Finance exam on Tuesday. I didn’t do all that great on the first one, so I need to get a good grade on this one. And with USC playing at 12:30, Navy playing at 2:30, and Clemson playing at 7:45… well, let’s just say I haven’t gotten much studying done today. But I will be back and better than ever Tuesday night after my exam.

Cleveland Cavs update: The Cavs beat the Knicks last night, 100-91. Their next game is Wednesday night in Orlando against the Magic.

Winthrop Eagles update: Sophomore Point Guard Reggie Middleton is looking to lead The Eagles to a Big South Championship this season and add his name to the list of great Winthrop point guards. Middleton is a scoring threat who can open up scoring opportunities for other players. Like most Winthrop players last season, he seemed to improve as the season went on.

No comments:

Post a Comment