Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, November 23, 2009

Carolina/Clemson 2006/2008

As I told you, I will be talking a good bit about past Clemson/USC games this week. If you don’t mind (and really, even if you do mind), we’ll start with the most recent win for each team. Before I get started, let me point out something I came across while doing my research. The USC Board of Trustees banned football in 1906. Football was reinstated in 1907 after a series of unfortunate “accidents” led to the disappearance of a few of those Trustees.

USC: November 25, 2006. Steve Spurrier took his unranked Gamecocks into Death Valley to face Tommy Bowden’s 24th ranked Tigers. This is a game that saw Clemson score on big play after big play... but when it mattered the most the Gamecocks were able to march down the field and score. Clemson had a shot to tie it at the end of the game but they couldn’t make the FG. The Gamecocks had 492 yards of total offense that day on the way to a 31-28 win. The captains that year for USC were Fred Bennett, Ike Crofoot, and Chris White. The Gamecocks would go on to defeat Houston in the Liberty Bowl and end the year 8-5 (3-5 in the SEC). Clemson would go on to lose to Kentucky in the Music City Bowl and would end the year 8-5 (5-3 in the ACC). Here are some highlights from the 2006 game:


At this point I would like to share a clip from the Entourage Season 6 Finale. I don’t watch this show, but I came across this clip and I found it laugh out loud funny (Matt Damon is in this clip... need I say more?). There is some bad language here, so turn down the volume if you’re at work.


Clemson: November 29, 2008. Interim Head Coach Dabo Sweeny and his Clemson Tigers welcomed Coach Steve Spurrier and his USC Gamecocks to Death Valley in a match up of unranked teams. The captains that year for USC were Jasper Brinkley, Kenny McKinley, Eric Norwood, and Justin Sorensen. Clemson needed to win this game to become bowl eligible and many felt like Sweeny needed a win to help him earn the job of head coach. The Tigers went out and played this game like they wanted it more (and perhaps they did). Death Valley was rocking as the Tigers took control of the game and never let go as they went on to win 31-14. The Gamecocks went on to lose to Iowa in the Outback Bowl to end their season at 7-6 (4-4 in the SEC). The Tigers went on to lose to Nebraska in the Gator Bowl to end their season at 7-6 (4-4 in the ACC). The following clip brings me to tears every time I watch it... it’s that funny. So now I will share it with you...


Cleveland Cavs update: The Cavs are preparing for their game this Wednesday night.

Winthrop Eagles update: The Eagles travel to Clemson tonight to face the Tigers. I expect this to be a close game at tip-off. After that... I don’t have a clue. Still, if you must know, I pick my Eagles to win in a close game. The Eagles have won at Clemson before ('01-'02 season). Of course, that was before Littlejohn and Clemson's team were both renovated.

No comments:

Post a Comment