Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Saturday, November 28, 2009

Clemson/USC 2009

I hear from time to time people complaining that this game doesn’t get enough respect nationally. My response… so what? I could care less if someone up north or out west is watching this game. It’s their loss. As for me, I love it. I enjoy watching the game. I don’t base my feelings on what other people think about the game. I have told you my story about not caring as much about Clemson football now as I have in the past (and that’s true), but I still love this game.

All things considered, I like things the way they are and I wouldn’t change a thing. It would be nice if both teams were at the top of the polls year in and year out… but it wouldn’t make the game anymore special to the fans. I was at the game in 1998 when Clemson entered the game with a 2-8 record and Carolina had a 1-9 record. Of all years, this would seem like the year for the fans to not care about the game. But that didn’t happen. Instead, the teams played in front of a sell-out crowd at Death Valley.

You can never be 100% sure what will happen in this game… but you can be 100% sure that you will hear about it until the game next year (if not longer).

If I could change anything in the history of this rivalry, I would have Danny Ford still coaching Clemson and Joe Morrison still coaching at USC (and thus, still living). Both programs had their best years under those coaches and both programs were in good shape when their coaches left (Morrison died and Ford was fired). I’m not saying both programs would be playing for a National Championship every year, but I think both programs would be in better shape. I would also have the schools in the same conference (either the ACC or SEC... or Big South).

As for the game today, it should be interesting. How will CJ Spiller do against Eric Norwood and the USC defense? Will Stephen Garcia complete more passes to Alshon Jeffery or the Clemson secondary? Can Clemson’s offensive line give Kyle Parker enough time in the pocket? Can Carolina’s offensive line do the same for Garcia? I guess we’ll find out…


Navy plays at Hawaii today.

Cleveland Cavs update: The Cavs fell to the Bobcats last night 87-94. They are back in action tonight at home against the Dallas Mavericks.

Winthrop Eagles update: The Eagles are working on the press to prepare for their Monday night game.

No comments:

Post a Comment