Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Do you believe in miracles?

YES!

I MADE A 97 ON MY FINANCE TEST LAST WEEK... proving once again that miracles still happen! With this 97, I still have a mathematical chance at an A in this class. It's a long shot though... but it does remind me of a Quantitative Methods class I took at Winthrop in the Fall of 2001. I found myself not doing too good in that class. I'm not one to make excuses... let's just say The Girlfriend was taking up a lot of my time. Anyway, with two tests and one other assignment left I was in need of the following grades: 100, 100, 100... in order to get a C in the class. Nailed it.

I have been told that it has been said that I am a fun guy to be around. It’s good to know that someone out there speaks well of me… especially when you consider The Wife and The Mother-in-Law are most likely out there speaking ill of me.

I wish I could play the guitar. Have you ever noticed when someone is speaking while a guitar is softly playing in the background they sound so cool and smart… it makes you feel like you really need to listen to what they’re saying. I’m thinking of paying someone to come with me to meetings and presentations just to play the guitar in the background while I speak. Really, it’s hard to do with anything other than a guitar. I tried something like this at work the other day using a cowbell, but I didn’t really get the result I was looking for.

Tonight we are brought to you by ESPN……



Cleveland Cavs update: The Cavs are playing the Golden State Warriors tonight.

Winthrop Eagles update: The Eagles were at the College of Charleston tonight. The Eagles are still ice cold from outside… which didn’t help things tonight. They fell to the Cougars 69-57.

No comments:

Post a Comment