Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th..........

The date was November 13... 1992. I remember it well. It was a dark night (because the sun and gone down). It is a special date... the last day I had a big brother. You see, he got married the next day. So there we were in Spartanburg, South Carolina the night before his wedding day. I was in the 8th grade at the time. I won’t go into details about what we did that night (because I have a preacher reading this thing...) but if you really must know, this pretty much sums it up. I will say that this night was the reason I’ve been addicted to strip clubs since the 8th grade. Haha... just kidding, I’ve been addicted to them since the 6th grade. But seriously, I’m not addicted... I could stop going if I wanted. ($10 says The Wife is rolling her eyes after reading that). Anyway, it was good to have one last fun night with my brother before he started his sentence... uh... marriage.

Well, well, well... looks like my James Island Trojans are in the playoffs. That’s right, the 3-8 Trojans are in the playoffs. My question is simple... How is this the first time in 6 years that they’ve made the playoffs? If all it takes is 3 wins, how are they not in it every year? High school football makes it look like it’s hard to make the post season in the NBA. I mean, when you’ve got 3-8 teams making the playoffs, maybe it’s time to stop letting so many teams in. Speaking of playoffs...

My post today is brought to you by Coors Light


The I’m just sayin... High School Football Game of the Week this week is none other than James Island at Wren. I don’t know much about Wren but I do know something about JI (and it ain’t pretty). Still, the Trojans are getting 21 points in the game. While I don’t think they’ll win, I do think the Trojans will cover... I say take JI and the points.

Cleveland Cavs update: The Cavs have the day off after cooling off the Miami Heat last night. In a game that saw some of the brightest stars in the NBA today (there are some good players playing for the Heat, too) LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavs won 111-104.


Winthrop Eagles update: Coach Peele told me the other day that this Winthrop team has worked very hard during the fall workouts and the player have gone through the toughest preseason conditioning of any group in the past seven years. I expect this hard work to pay huge dividends this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment