Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm BAAAAAAAAAACK...........

I was away from my computer all day Saturday and then Sunday was my regular day of rest, but I’m back now and still great. I guess we have some catching up to do.

Let’s start with this……….. HOW ‘BOUT THEM TROJANS?! TR-OJ-A-N-S! TR-OJ-A-N-S! That’s what I’m talking about. Last Friday night, James Island beat Wren in OT. I still don’t think JI should have made the playoffs…. But since they’re in, they might as well win it.

Saturday was also a good football day. Navy was able to follow their expected win over Notre Dame with a 35-18 victory over Delaware. Navy still has a couple of games left in the regular season, but they have already accepted a bid to play in the Texas Bowl. They have this cool deal
here that allows you to purchase tickets and donate them to midshipmen or enlisted servicemen (and it’s tax deductible).

Clemson beat NC State bringing them one step closer to the ACC Championship game. Georgia Tech crushed Duke to win the Coastal Division of the ACC and earn their spot in the championship game. South Carolina went toe to toe with #1 Florida for 3+ quarters before falling at the end. They put up a good fight.

I spent most of Saturday in Rock Hill. I can tell you this… Winthrop alumni know how to give back to their school. There are some NICE buildings there that have been paid for (in large part, at least) by various alumni donors. I’m starting to save my money now so that one day business students can study in Horres Hall. Anyway, this past Saturday was Homecoming at Winthrop. This was the first fall Homecoming that I can remember at Winthrop. It might be the first one ever… I’m not sure and I’m too lazy to check. I bet Jeremy would know. He knows everything. The weather was great and I had a great time tailgating before the game. The game was… well, Winthrop won. Whoever said, “It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how you play the game that matters” must have never won an ugly game. Winthrop played ugly up until the last 2 minutes. They did just enough to come away with a 2 point win over a very good (against Winthrop) Limestone team.

As you know, I’m not one to judge people but I have to ask… What kind of sick, twisted, crazy person watches that tv show Brothers and Sisters? I mean really, who can sit and watch such filth? (***NOTE: I’ve never seen the show… I didn’t even know about it until about today***). Ok Greg, what current TV shows do you like? NCIS, NCIS-LA, Psych, & Big Bang Theory are the main shows that I watch. There are others that I watch… but those are the main ones.

Promotional consideration paid for by Nike



Cleveland Cavs update: The Cavs beat Utah 107-103 on Saturday. They take the court again tomorrow night against Golden State.

Winthrop Eagles update: The Eagles will be in Charleston tomorrow night to face the College of Charleston. GO EAGLES!

1 comment:

  1. I see the "don't hate" comment I made a few weeks ago has been completely disregarded. And speaking of which, who knew Winthrop basketball could be so exciting? Let's go Duke!!!

    ReplyDelete