Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, November 1, 2009

So now we are left with Faith, Hope, and Love…

...And the greatest of these is love. But that doesn’t mean we should forget about faith and hope.

Had a chance to hear a good sermon today at Ashley Ridge Church on the subject of Faith. Thought I’d get to hear the George Michael song… but it didn’t happen. Still, it was a good sermon.

So I was thinking (yes, during the sermon… don’t judge me) how many times do you think the first five rows at a sporting event (or a concert) are empty? My guess would be not many. Now let me ask you this… How many times do you think the first five rows at church are full? From what limited research I’ve done, it seems most people when given the choice will sit as close as they can at a concert or sporting event and as far back as they can at church. Interesting…

As you know, I went to Ashley Ridge Church today. The Wife even decided to come and bring Susie and Mary Ruth. It was there first time there.

One thing I like about this church is that when the Worship Leader is ready to go, he just comes out and starts playing his guitar while the preacher is still talking. He starts playing softly but if the preacher doesn’t get the hint, he’ll start playing a little louder. Or maybe it’s something that’s all planned out before hand… but I’d like to think he just does it on his own.

Got a new book last night, A Brief History of James Island: Jewel of the Sea Islands. I haven’t had a chance to read it yet, but if I could change the title it would be something like, A Brief History of James Island: God’s Gift to Earth.

Cleveland Cavs update: The Cavs won their game last night over the Bobcats. Their next game is tomorrow night against the Wizards.

Winthrop Eagles update: The Eagles are expecting big things from their junior F/C Charles Corbin. Corbin has improved every year so far at Winthrop and many think this could be a big breakout year for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment