Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday thinkings….

I don’t feel good. Last night my world was shaken to its core. Have you ever found out something about someone you thought you knew and it just knocked you off your feet? That’s what happened to me last night. I found out something and it made me dizzy. I mean… I was speechless. ME! SPEECHLESS?! That’s how bad it was. It was so horrible that I tried to just forget about it. I wasn’t going to share it on here but I have to. After all, there are no secrets here (that you know of). What was so bad? Where should I begin? I mean, I’ve known this woman for a long time. We went to college together. We worked on group projects together (I practically carried her through some of our business classes). For confidentiality reasons, I won’t say her name… let’s just say I was happy when Jeremy married her. Anyway, I’m sure you want to know what she said that was so bad. I’m still not sure I can repeat it. I just don’t understand it. Ok, before I tell you, I need you to promise that you won’t hold this against her. I mean, it’s not like any of us are perfect. To be honest, The Wife didn’t have a problem with what was said. This figures… 99/100 The Wife will side with this other person over me, so of course she wouldn’t have a problem with it. So… here is what she said: “I don’t think Bill Cosby is funny”. “I didn’t like The Cosby Show. It wasn’t funny (except for that one time they were all dancing)”. Even now, 24 hours later, I’m at a loss for words. Bill Cosby isn’t funny?! The Cosby Show wasn’t funny?! How is that possible? And she wasn’t just saying that to get under my skin. We watched clips of The Cosby Show and of Bill Cosby’s stand-up appearances… and she didn’t even crack a smile. Nothing! I mean, we saw his “God talking to Noah” routine and his “Giving chocolate cake to the kids for breakfast” routine, and SHE DIDN’T LAUGH! I mean NOTHING! I know what you’re thinking, “Greg, maybe she just didn’t understand the jokes?” Well friends, I thought of that. I wanted that. So I asked her to make sure she understood the jokes (turns out she did). She said they just weren’t funny. How could someone say such a thing? I’m not one to judge people, but she’s just WRONG.

Oh, speaking of judging people… I got selected to be on the Grand Jury again next year. So when all is said and done I will have given two years of my life to this service. It’s just my way of giving back to the community. Trying to make Dorchester County a better place for all of us… and getting $25 and a free lunch once a month. At least we’re in the new courthouse now. That’s pretty cool.

The post today is brought to you by E*TRADE.


Cleveland Cavs update: The Bulls got lucky and beat my Cavs by one tonight (86-85). The Cavs will get back in the win column tomorrow night when they travel to New York to beat the Knicks. The game will be on ESPN at 8:00pm.

Winthrop Eagles update: Fans are excited to see what red-shirt sophomore C Matt Morgan can do for The Eagles this season. Morgan transferred to Winthrop last year from St. Bonaventure.

1 comment: