Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday thinkings.....

I would like to start today by reminding everyone about the super fun stuff going on at ARC this weekend. As you know, this new church comes with the I’m just sayin... stamp of approval. It has held the top spot on the I’m just saying... Top 10 Churches Poll since the day the poll was started. So, this Saturday take your kids out to Ashley Ridge High School from 10am – 1pm to let them see Santa and his better half. Then come back on Sunday night for a 6:30 worship service. Remember, set-up starts at 4:00... so don’t get there too early or they will assume you are there to help and they will put you to work (trust me, found that one out the hard way).

Now, friends, you know that I’m not one to complain... but I did come across an “open letter” that may or may not have been sent to CSU leadership in May of this year. I, like the person who wrote this letter, am a student at CSU. (***Before I continue, let me say to any of you thinking about going back to school to get your masters... DON’T! Make sure you understand me... do NOT go back to school to get your masters. The only reason I’m doing it is because I want to have something that everyone else doesn’t have. So don’t do it... unless you want to go back for something silly like Education or Religion... that’s ok. I’m only talking about going back for a real masters.****) Anyway, after a word from our sponsor, we’ll look at the open letter to CSU.


*********************
Dear CSU Leadership:

How do you freakin’ people sleep at night? While looking at my next four classes that I will be taking at your “university” I noticed the price of the books:

(Course # deleted to protect identity): $176 (New); couldn’t find it used
(Course # deleted to protect identity): $135.35 (New); $101.50 (Used)
(Course # deleted to protect identity): $165 (New); $123.75 (Used)
(Course # deleted to protect identity): $193.35 (New); $145 (Used)

Meanwhile, I have TWO versions of the Bible (yes, THE Holy Bible) that TOGETHER cost me around $15. And they were NEW! That’s right, friends, I have a NIV and King James Version of the Bible (both new) that together cost me a small fraction of what a used textbook costs at your bookstore. So really, how do you freakin’ people sleep at night?! I might expect this at some ultra-liberal “We don’t believe in God” type school, but Charleston Southern? The former Baptist College ? Has a change in name made all of you stupid? Do you really think ANY of the books listed above are worth more than God’s Word? $193.35 for a book that I won’t even look at after December 2009? My goodness! For that much money the book should be autographed, I should get a handwritten thank you note from President Jairy Hunter, and the school should provide me with someone who will read the book to me! You people should be ashamed. The money that I now have to use to by textbooks at these outrageous prices would have gone to help start a new church, but now that is not possible. Sure, it’s a Methodist church that will be lead by a woman… so you’re probably happy to be taking money from it, but that’s not the point. The point is that the price of your textbooks is taking money away from people doing God’s work. While I try not to judge others, let me just say that I hope you sinners get your act together before it’s too late.

While I have your attention, what’s the deal with the mascot? A pirate? Really? YOU’RE A CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY ! The Charleston Southern Buccaneers… who came up with that brilliant idea? Change your mascot to a dove. It’s not like your athletic teams scare anyone anyway. Or be the Deacons. But come on… can you really judge a student who steals from another student when the school mascot is a pirate? What do you think a pirate does?

God Bless,

(name deleted)
**************
While I don’t know the person who wrote this, I do know how they feel. This past semester I spent over $250 on books only to “sell them back” to the school for $35. Not sure, but I think I got screwed in that deal. We never even used one book. What a waste. Oh well, just one more semester left.............

Chase Towne update: (***Note: These updates come from a blog that Chase’s parents update somewhat regularly. I will use my blog to help spread the word on how he is doing. I trust they will not mind, though if I find they do mind I will stop***) So here is the latest update:
Chase is doing ok. Clinic went smooth today, in and out. Chase will continue to get his ANC shot at least until Tuesday of next week. He will go back to clinic on Tuesday 12/22 to check his blood work again. It is a mixed blessing with the ANC shot. The first part is his body is not yet strong enough to fight germs by itself. But we are thankful we have these shots to help him fight and these shots will help him enjoy some Family Christmas activities this weekend. Thankfully Chase is still on the go and eating well. He gets tired a little more often but goes strong until he is exhausted. Please pray for continued strength for our "miracle baby". Thank you.

Here is a picture of Chase:
Cleveland Cavs update: The Cavs beat the 76ers in their last game to give them a 19-7 record. Their next game is tomorrow night vs the Bucks.

Winthrop Eagles update: The Eagles traveled to USC Upstate to take on the Spartans last night. Winthrop won 62-53 to bring their record to 5-4. Their next game is a home on Sunday against the Charlotte 49ers.

1 comment:

  1. just so you know...i'm reading your blog....and laughing. love, your sister who already has her master's degree.

    ReplyDelete