Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy MLK, Jr Day!

As you know, yesterday was the first real service at my new favorite church. I am happy to say that, because of this blog, there were over 300 people at the service yesterday. The bishop was sitting behind me so I did my best to behave... which means people around me missed out on some funny stuff. Oh well, maybe next time. A few thoughts on some things ARC might want to consider...

Some sort of intro music/light show (maybe some smoke) for when the band comes out on stage (and again when the preacher comes out).

Have the dates of Jamin's upcoming shows on the big screen before and after the service. Help a brother out...

I liked the video at the beginning... Keep doing something like that and then after a year or so, start selling a bloopers tape. It would be a good way to raise money for the church.

Moving on...

As I'm sure many of you know by now, form Clemson football star Gaines Adams died yesterday morning at the age of 26. What many of you probably don't know is that this past Friday (January 15), Margaret Gentry Vause died at the age of 80. A look at her obit in the paper yesterday would tell you that she received her Bachelor's Degree from The University of South Carolina and that after 30 plus years of teaching, she retired in 1990 as a second grade teacher from Stiles Point Elementary School. What the obit won't tell you is that she was my favorite teacher. Ever. I was lucky in that I don't remember really having a bad teacher growing up. I had a ton of good teachers and even a few great teachers. Mrs. Vause was at the top. I can remember going to visit her after school the rest of my elementary days. I can't point to one thing that she taught me, but I can tell you she taught me a lot. I wouldn't be who I am today if not for Mrs. Vause. God bless her. The funny thing in all of this is finding out she was only 80 years old. Mind you, I had her when I was in the 2nd grade so I was pretty young... but I would have guessed she was in her 70's or 80's back then. Guess I was off by a little.

January 15th is also my Uncle George's birthday (Happy late birthday, Uncle George).

It's also the date that my paternal grandfather died (back in 1995). On one hand it seems so long ago but on the other hand it feels like yesterday. I still miss him.


Chase Towne update: (from his dad): Chase has had a full weekend at home. He seems to be doing fine. Still climbing. The weather warmed up enough today so he could get some outside time. He loves to be outside. We have enjoyed the home time but are anxious to get the ball moving again. Thank you for all of the words of encourgement. Chase will report to clinic on Tuesday if his blood counts are right he will start round 11. Please pray for strength for our "Miracle Baby" Thank You!

Cleveland Cavs update: The Cavs beat the LA Clippers this past Saturday 102-101. They play Toronto tomorrow night.

Winthrop Eagles update: Winthrop crushed Presbyterian College 56-42 this past Saturday. The Eagles travel to Asheville on Thursday to take on UNCA.

No comments:

Post a Comment