Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chase Towne update

Don't have time for a long post, but I got some good news about Chase and I wanted to pass it along...

(from his dad... posted last night but I just saw it)...
CHASE IS SAFE, THE SURGERY WAS A HUGE SUCCESS AND CHASE IS ONE STEP CLOSER TO BEATING IT! I got chills typing that as our prayers have been answered! Chase went into surgery shortly after 2pm today. The surgery took a little over two hours, they were able to get all of the tumor in his abdomen. As an added bonus they were able to get the spot on his liver. No blood transfusion and he still has both kidneys! We are overjoyed with the outcome. Our little fighter never cried once for food all morning! another prayer answered! Chase is spending the night in the PICU as a precaution. Hopefully tomorrow he can move back to the HEMOC unit. When we handed Chase off to the surgeon, we kissed him and told him we loved him and to FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! He is done just that. He is sitting in his mom's lap watching the nurses run around the PICU. The journey is not over but our miracle baby has just reached another apex in his journey to BEATING IT! I have seen all of the test, read all of the statistics and have listened to all of the doctors! I know without a doubt that Chase has been able to achieve all that he has by the power of prayer! I realize the importance of modern medicine and appreciate it fully. But what Chase has achieved so far is nothing short of a Miracle! We would not be where we are today without each of you and your support and prayers THANK YOU, THANK YOU, from the bottom of hearts! Please keep the prayers coming asking for healing and protection as Chase battles the aftermath of surgery! Thank you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment