Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's me again...

So, The Wife isn’t real happy with me. I have to point out that I could probably start every post with that sentence... but I digress.

It seems she doesn’t think that the programming I watch with Mary Ruth is not... how shall I say... appropriate. I, of course, think she is overreacting. Listen, I’ve done my time watching every Disney Princess movie there is. You show me a picture and I can tell you which one is Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel, Belle, Aurora, Mulan, Snow White, and Pocahontas... I can hold my own with any dad out there. So don’t think I only watch “my shows” with her. Anyway, here are the shows that we like to watch (yes, Mary Ruth likes these shows and will usually ask me if we can watch them). These are not in any kind of order...

Transformers (the original cartoon)
GI Joe (the original cartoon)
Cheers
MacGyver
House
NCIS
The Cosby Show
Sherlock Holmes
ALF

I’m sure I’m forgetting some, but these are the main shows that I watch with her (we have them on DVD... so don’t start looking through the TV Guide trying to find out when ALF comes on). All of these shows are high in Educational Value... which is more than I can say for the trash she (The Wife) watches on TV. But I’m not going to sit here and judge that filth.

Our sponsor today:


I don’t want to keep talking about this TV thing, but I can’t help but point out that my Dad will let me watch any of the shows I listed... so why shouldn’t I let my daughter watch them? I think the next show I am going to introduce her to is M*A*S*H. Classic.

Friends, I don’t know how it didn’t make it into my post last night, but I need to take a minute to congratulate my good friends KC & LA (the people, not the cities) on the birth of their 2nd child (first boy) Corey Wyatt Carter. I like the name. I like Gregory Wyatt Carter better... but I still like the name they decided on. As you might remember, LA made a WONDERFUL meal for us after Susie was born. I am hoping that she will do this again as we celebrate the birth of Baby Wyatt. To help out, we’re willing to go eat at their place.

Boy names are something else The Wife and I don’t agree on. Before we knew the girls were girls, we thought of both boy and girl names. These are just a few of the boy names I had picked out (in no real order):

Levon Kirkland Horres
Michael Corleone Horres
Ryne Sandberg Horres
Winston Churchill Horres
Chris Gaynor Horres
Greg Lewis Horres
Charles Oakley Horres
Stonewall Jackson Horres
Doc Holliday Horres
Ric Flair Horres

I know what you’re thinking, and I agree... they are all perfect. I don’t know how I’d be able to pick just one. But The Wife hated all of them. I just can’t figure her out.

Winthrop Eagles Update: The Big South Champs are waiting until Sunday to find out who and where they will be playing next week in the NCAA Tournament.

Cleveland Cavs Update: The Cavs are still the best team in the NBA right now. This is where I said they would be. Still, I will wait until after the season to say “I told you so”.

Chase Towne Update: Nothing new to report today.

1 comment:

  1. its great to have you back, you have been missed

    ReplyDelete