Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Busy times......

There is a lot going on these days. I’ve got my final presentation tonight (then in two weeks I’ll have my final). Tomorrow is, of course, the birthday of two very good friends: Jeremy (32) & KC (Jeremy+11). This Friday night is the gala for the JSL Golf Tournament. Saturday is the JSL Golf Tournament. It’s a pricey tournament ($120/each) but overall a very fun event. Lots of free drinks the night before and at most holes on the course. In golf terms, my teams usually don’t do all that great... but by the end we’re usually having so much fun that we really don’t care. Anyway, that’s this week.

Next Friday is a very big event with my brother being the first child of my parents to enter his 40’s. Of course, he won’t be the first in his house to turn 40 since his wife did that many, many, many months ago. May 1st will see me in another golf tournament (this one is the Bethany UMC Golf Tournament). I’m still holding out hope that my new favorite church will sponsor my team in this tournament. This one doesn’t have quite the same atmosphere of the JSL tournament, but it’s only $40/each so that’s not so bad. And with the right team, it’s still fun.

As I said before, my final is on the first Tuesday in May. Then I will (hopefully) graduate on May 8th. I know it’s the day before Mother’s Day, but I’m inviting all of you to come to it. It’s in the North Charleston Coliseum at 10:00 am. The Wife wants to have a party of some kind for me afterwards (not sure of the details right now... I’ll email you).

So that’s what’s going on in my world... how are things with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment