Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, April 23, 2010

Dog down! Dog down!

Scooby is hurt. For the record, I didn’t do it. He just started limping last night. The Wife thinks he has a broken toe. Whatever it is, he can’t put much weight on his front left paw. So, he should just lie down and stay still... but nope... he’s still following us around the house. I think I’m starting to see something in him. He’s starting to show me some heart. He’s hurt, but he’s trying to walk it off. Anyway, I let him outside this morning and he took off like CJ Spiller returning a kickoff. He was running FAST on only 3 legs. I’ve got to tip my hat to him... he’s not going to let this toe slow him down. The Wife is taking him to the Vet today. If he comes back with his toe cut off (ala Ronnie Lott having his little finger cut off so he wouldn’t have to miss too many games) then I will have to do a 180 on my views of young Scooby. Maybe seeing Maverick go toe to toe with a big rat (and kill it) sparked something in Scooby. Maybe he saw it and thought, “THAT is how I want to be”. What a great role model Maverick is.

Of course, there’s also a chance that Scooby is trying to Curt Schilling this situation and make it look worse than it really is. But I don’t think he’s smart enough to do that.

Congrats to CJ Spiller on being drafted 9th last night. I hate that he went to the Bills, but it is what it is.

My Steelers took Florida Center/Guard, Maurkice Pouncey. He is a Rimington Trophy winner. If there is one thing the Steelers know, it’s how to draft a Center. I hope this guy ends up earning a spot on the list of Steelers greats. The rest of the draft for the Steelers is (as of now... I think) the 20th pick in the 2nd round; the 18th pick in the 3rd round; the 18th pick in the 4th round; the 20th, 24th, & 24th picks in the 5th round; the 19th pick in the 6th round; and the 35th pick in the 7th round.

No comments:

Post a Comment