Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, April 21, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to Jeremy and KC! As I mentioned yesterday, Jeremy is an old 32 today and KC is just 11 (years older than Jeremy).

I saw a letter to the editor in the paper here the other day. In it, the woman said that she has lived in Charleston for seven years (good for her). She goes on to talk about how bad the drivers here are and how they don’t respect emergency vehicles. She says that when she pulls over for these vehicles, she is honked at and even given “the finger” by passing motorists. She goes on to say: “Let me add that all of these cars had South Carolina plates”. Well, sweetie, let me point some things out:

1. I have lived in the Charleston area for about 29 of the 31 years of my life. I have seen many emergency vehicles go by me as I and all the other people on the road are pulled over to the side. I have also seen people pull over to the side of the road when cars for a funeral are driving by (at least when it’s safe to do such a thing). I don’t know where you are driving that you don’t see it done...

2. The statement about all cars having SC plates is interesting. It leads me to believe that you are from the north. Of course, that’s always my thought when someone talks about how bad it is down here or how bad the people are. So maybe I’m wrong. Either way, my question would be... So what? You see, people (like you 7 years ago) move to this area all the time. Most of them have cars and most of them register their car in this state. Not all, but most. These people (from places other than here) now drive cars with SC plates on them. So shut up.

I have a simple philosophy that I try to live by: Be happy where you are. The thing I don’t understand is that so many people I hear complaining about this area or this state are people who moved here from somewhere else. These people have already proven they are able to move... so move away. Listen, I’m not against change. I know there are always things that can be done to improve this area or that area... but really, do these people have to complain about everything? My friend Dumpy once told me, “If you bitch about something, it shows you care. If you bitch about everything, you’re just a bitch”. I’m not 100% sure that quote fits in this situation, but I’ve been looking for a place to put it on my blog and so there it is.

Update on my class: I did NOT do my presentation last night. I was NOT happy about this last night... but what can you do... Life goes on. Now I’m going to spend the next couple of days preparing for the JSL Golf Tournament. Wii golf and a bottle of Jack (don’t judge me). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment