Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thoughts on a Friday... Crap, it's only Thursday.

Have you ever thought, "Thank God it's Friday" only to realize it's Thursday? Now you know how I feel.

As many of you are aware, I graduated this past Saturday from Charleston Southern University with my Masters in Business Administration. This gives me the highest degree in my family. Many of you are worried that I will now want you to call me Master Horres. Come on now... we’re all friends here. You can call me Master Greg.

For any of you who may be worried that this MBA is going to go to my head, I would like to point out that I was trying to get people to call me Greg The Great back in middle school. This kind of thinking is nothing new to me. ;)

The big news around town is that Southwest Airlines is coming to town. People in the “know” are happy about this. It seems this will be good for the Charleston area. It doesn’t really help me any since I try to fly as little as possible (and I’ve been rather successful at this).

I was listening to Mike & Mike this morning and they were talking about a coach at a track meet that pointed out the girl on the other team was wearing one of those cloth “friendship bracelets” after she won the high jump. This caused the girl to be disqualified and, in the end, caused her team to lose. Here’s the thing... that’s crap. The “winning” coach has said that he had to turn her in because the rules are the rules blah blah blah. Look, there are rules and then there are rules. That’s the case in life and in sports. The bracelet the girl was wearing didn’t give her a competitive advantage (****This is a guess on my part... if I’m wrong, then I’ll apologize to the coach***). I think it’s weak to win that way. I wouldn’t want to win like that. We lost the Lower State Championship my sophomore and senior years at JI. If, after those games, Coach Hatley had pointed out that the pitcher on the other teams in these games was wearing a stupid bracelet thus giving us the win I would have been embarrassed.

So, Mary Ruth has let it be known she wants to go to Disney World. I’ll only agree to go if: 1. I get to see (and have my picture taken with) Donald Duck. 2. I don’t have to ride any rides.

And I think Mary Ruth should have to foot 50% of the cost of this trip. There are two reasons for this: 1. She wants to go. 2. I don’t. But, as you know, I am a fair man. So, whatever money she puts towards this trip, I will match dollar for dollar. If you would like to help her, just send us a check and write “Send Mary Ruth to Disney World” in the memo line.

It seems someone somewhere in some magazine said something like gay people can’t play straight people in movies/shows/tv... This, I don’t understand. I thought part of acting was playing something you aren’t.

Have you ever noticed that some bible verses just sound better in the King James Version than in the NIV?

No comments:

Post a Comment