Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Mother-In-Law!!!!!!!

That's right, friends, today is The Mother-In-Law's 51st birthday!! We went out to dinner tonight and it was all I could do not to ask her what it was like to serve in the Navy with John Paul Jones. Seriously, she is a great mother-in-law and I, for one, don't think she looks a day over 61.

I had lunch with some great friends yesterday which was just the "pick-me-up" I needed.

I learned something new about baseball last night. I've been around the game my whole life and each year I still learn something new.

Not sure how much I'll get to post these next few weeks. June 30th is the end of our fiscal year at work which means I'm slammed.

Thank you to Spain for screwing up my World Cup bracket.

How 'bout that English goalie? I know how he feels. Not really... I never booted a ball in one of the biggest games of my life. So I have no idea how he feels.

Speaking of soccer (or, futbol as my friend Jamin calls it), I have to say I was wrong about one thing... I've always been of the opinion that when you rank players of different sports based on toughness, these guys would be dead last (far behind golfers/bowlers/fishermen) and hockey players would be in first place by a long shot (it's not even close). I would like to move the soccer goalie higher up on the list. At least the American goalie. My boy cracked some ribs and stayed in the game. Not only that, but he had some impressive saves after cracking the ribs. My hats off to him.

Congrats to Clemson and USC for making it to the CWS. Haha to Coastal for not making it.

GREAT NEWS!!!!
Update on Chase Towne: (from his dad, I think): The results are back and Chase is getting his Broviac tube out on Thursday (6/17). Another MAJOR milestone on Chase's road to BEATING IT! That's right the blood work was clean, the urine was NORMAL and the scans were unchanged. It has been a long four days since the tests last week, but it was worth the wait! Chase has been doing well and if you saw him today you would not know the journey he has been on (see pic) his hair has almost covered his scar on his head. After the Broviac is removed, Chase will go to Clinic once a month for blood and urine work and he will have scans every two months. We are extremely excited and thankful for today and the news it brought. With God's blessing the surgery Thursday will be on a outpatient basis and hopefully we will all be home Thursday night. We would not be where we are today without God's grace and each and every prayer that has been said for Chase. THANK YOU! When we get the details of the surgery we will let you know. Please say a prayer of Thanks and continued healing for our Miracle Baby!

So if you've been praying for him (like I've been telling you to), don't forget to send up a big "Thank You" prayer tonight. And if you haven't been praying for him... it's not too late to start.

Mazel tov!

No comments:

Post a Comment