Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy June

We went to the zoo yesterday. It rained. Hard. I might have been the only one in our group that didn’t mind it too much. Why? Because when you’re outside in Columbia this time of year and you are my size, you are going to be soaking wet... either by rain or sweat. At least the rain cooled things off a little.

The bad news is I didn’t get to see any tigers. But we did get to see just about everything else (it didn’t rain too bad the whole time we were there... just most of the time).

The good news is we got to hang out with my old college roommates (Thomas and Jeremy) and their wives (Sarah and Rebecca). It was fun having everyone together again (something that hadn’t happened in a long time... since Thomas and Jeremy had a falling out over whose native country had a better soccer team [Thomas said England, Jeremy said Spain, I said “What the hell are we talking about soccer for? The World Cup isn’t until 2010... save that talk for the day before it starts like everyone else in this country is doing”]). Anyway, it was good to have everyone together and a good time was had by all.

When Susie is sitting on the floor, she looks like a gorilla. I’m trying to get a good picture to confirm this.

I know people have different tastes in music. I like what I feel is a pretty wide range of music genres, but I do like some more than others. I hear a lot of people say they don’t like Country Music. My theory is they just haven’t listened to the right songs. Really, how can anyone listen to Merle Haggard’s I Think I’ll Just Stay Here and Drink or Brad Paisley’s I’m Gonna Miss Her and not like country music?

The Wife thinks that I make fun of her on here. Can you believe that? I say nothing but sweet things about her.

Speaking of The Wife, she went out with some friends one night last week (shooting guns... so maybe I should watch what I say on here...). I had both girls by myself. So I’m trying to take care of the girls while also trying to take care of myself (which is hard enough). Mary Ruth was done eating and I was almost done (very important... ALMOST done) when Susie started crying. So I got her out of her crib and brought her into the den so I could keep an eye on her while I was eating. I thought this probably wasn’t something The Wife would do, but as the Dad I could get away with it. I put Susie down so she could play with some toys, put in a DVD for Mary Ruth to watch (something from the 4th season of House, I think. Haha... just kidding. Maybe) and turned to go back to the table. There, standing on the table as still as a statue with his head about a foot from my plate was Maverick giving me a look that said “Are you going to finish this?” He might be the only dog in my house who could get away with a stunt like that.

Congrats to The Citadel Bulldogs baseball team on winning the Southern Conference Tournament this past weekend. I hope they make a run to the College World Series.

Good luck to the Stony Brook baseball team this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment