Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, June 11, 2010

World Cup predictions

Friends, as you know we here at I’m just sayin... know very little about soccer. Some might even claim we (at times) look down on the sport and say only women should play it. However, we are pretty big World Cup fans. So even though we know nothing about the teams (honestly, I didn’t even know some of the places were countries until I saw them on the schedule) we will provide you with our World Cup predictions (i.e. teams we’re pulling for) for the Group Stage:

June 11:
South Africa will tie Mexico
Uruguay will tie France (ok, these matches already happened)

June 12:
South Korea over Greece
Argentina over Nigeria
US over England (2:30pm on ABC)

June 13:
Algeria over Slovenia
Ghana over Serbia
Germany over Australia

June 14:
Netherlands over Denmark
Cameroon over Japan
Italy over Paraguay

June 15:
New Zealand over Slovakia
Portugal over Ivory Coast
Brazil over North Korea

June 16:
Chile over Honduras
Spain over Switzerland
South Africa over Uruguay

June 17:
Argentina over South Korea
Greece over Nigeria
Mexico over France

June 18:
Germany over Serbia
US over Slovenia (10:00am on ESPN)
England over Algeria

June 19:
Netherlands over Japan
Australia over Ghana
Cameroon over Denmark

June 20:
Paraguay over Slovakia
Italy over New Zealand
Brazil over Ivory Coast

June 21:
Portugal over North Korea
Switzerland over Chile
Spain over Honduras

June 22:
Mexico over Uruguay
South Africa over France
South Korea over Nigeria
Argentina over Greece

June 23:
England over Slovenia
US over Algeria (10:00am on ESPN)
Germany over Ghana
Australia over Serbia

June 24:
Italy over Slovakia
Paraguay over New Zealand
Denmark over Japan
Cameroon over Netherlands

June 25:
Ivory Coast over North Korea
Brazil over Portugal
Switzerland over Honduras
Spain over Chile

So go ahead and place your bets now!

No comments:

Post a Comment