Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, August 27, 2010

Are you ready for some football?!

I got to watch a little of the BE/West Ashley game on TV last night. For someone who didn’t care at all about the game, I’d say it was pretty good. West Ashley was able to escape with a 13-10 victory.

The I’m just sayin... High School Games to Watch tonight:

Ashley Ridge at Cane Bay (Prediction: Ashley Ridge by 3)

James Island at St. John’s (Prediction: James Island by 13)

Conway at Summerville (Prediction: Summerville by 6)

Stratford at Berkeley (Prediction: Berkeley by 4)

I will be on vacation next week so I’m not sure how often I will get to post. I might have another “getting to know me” type series. Or I might try to get on here and give you live updates on how my vacation is going.

For any of you interested in what book I’m reading now, the answer is:

Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin

I have to say it has been a pretty interesting book so far. There’s a good bit in here that I didn’t learn about in school.

Hey, I hear there are some rooms available at the Whitney Hotel in Columbia.

Speaking of NCAA violations, it looks like UNC has some trouble coming their way. Word on the street is that someone may have been writing papers for some football players. Every school of higher learning that I’ve attended has had pretty clear rules on cheating. If you cheat, you get an ‘F’ in the class and you are sent to the judicial board for expulsion (and at CSU, if you cheat you are a sinner and are going to hell). I never tested this rule, so I’m not sure how forgiving the judicial boards are... but all the people in charge seemed pretty clear that cheating was the greatest of sins. So, if these guys really did cheat, it seems to me they should be kicked out of school. At the very least, they should be put on academic probation and have to sit out this season. This is one violation we at I’m just sayin... don’t look kindly on.

To help prove my point from yesterday... The Wife left me in charge last night while she went to what felt to me was an all night party at Rebecca’s house. I thought I did a pretty good job because by the time The Wife got home (well after 10:00 PM) Susie was asleep and Mary Ruth was also in bed asleep. So I was feeling pretty good about myself. Then The Wife asked me if I gave MR a bath. Doh! I just hope nobody gets hurt before The Wife realizes I can’t be trusted to keep both kids home by myself for an extended period of time.

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Frederick Alber (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 12, 1864 in Spotsylvania, Virginia. His citation reads:

Bravely rescued Lt. Charles H. Todd of his regiment who had been captured by a party of Confederates by shooting down one, knocking over another with the butt of his musket, and taking them both prisoners.

Private Christian Albert (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 22, 1863 at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Gallantry in the charge of the "volunteer storming party."

No comments:

Post a Comment