Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!

I’m just sayin... would like to take a minute here to wish my parents a Happy Anniversary! On this date, 43 years ago my parents got married at Bethany United Methodist Church (in Spell Chapel). I have seen pictures from the wedding and I can tell you those are the last pictures I’ve seen where my Dad didn’t have gray hair. I will let you draw your own conclusions. It was just a few short years later that they had their first child... a perfect child (their words, not mine)... a boy they named Kevin (aka, Sonny). Two short years later they had a girl they called Teri. Seven long years later they decided to try this whole baby thing one more time and finally got it right (my words, not theirs) with the birth of their third child... a masculine child... who they called Greg. With the births of Kevin (1970), Teri (1972) and Greg (1979) the 1970’s became known as the Horres Decade (to a smaller group of people it is known as the Movies Decade, due to such classics as Star Wars, The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, Jaws, Rocky, Rocky II, American Graffiti, Blazing Saddles, Dirty Harry, Animal House, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Apocalypse Now, Patton, and Smokey and the Bandit). After 43 years, Dad’s hair has gone all white while Mom’s is still brown. Again, I will let you draw your own conclusions. They also have 7 grandchildren (Allison, Leah, Ansley, Austin, Meredith, Mary Ruth, & Susie). Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I love you!


Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients: Note: I’m going to start listing 2 Medal of Honor Recipients in this segment instead of just one.

Second Lieutenant John G.B. Adams received the Medal of Honor for his actions at Fredericksburg, VA on December 13, 1862. His citation reads:

Seized the 2 colors from the hands of a corporal and a lieutenant as they fell mortally wounded, and with a color in each hand advanced across the field to a point where the regiment was reformed on those colors.

Sergeant John Mapes Adams received the Medal of Honor for his actions in the Boxer Rebellion. His citation reads:

In the presence of the enemy during the battle near Tientsin, China, 13 July 1900, Adams distinguished himself by meritorious conduct.

No comments:

Post a Comment