Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, September 2, 2010

Let's get it started...

Tonight, of course, is a great night for football. At 7:30 tonight James Island will host Stall on WMMP. The Trojans are coming off a big win last week at St. John’s while the Warriors are coming off a 14-12 loss to Baptist Hill. I expect to see a great game tonight.

OH! Great news! I did a little research and it seems there is another game on TV tonight (a little something to watch during the commercial breaks of the JI game). It seems the South Carolina Gamecocks are going to be kicking off their season tonight. It’s on ESPN (at 7:30), but I have to warn you… Erin Andrews isn’t doing the game. They’ve got Jenn Brown doing it. I knew a Jenn Brown, but I don’t think this is the same person. I’m sure she’s good and all… but she can’t be as good as Erin Andrews.

I wonder if Erin is going to be doing the JI game? That would explain why she’s not doing the Carolina game.

I’m not sure how much time I’ll have to post the rest of this vacation, so I’ll post the I’m just sayin… football predictions now.

Thursday
James Island vs. Stall – James Island by 14
South Carolina vs. Southern Mississippi – South Carolina by 3

Friday
Berkeley at Summerville – Summerville by 12
Sumter at Stratford – Stratford by 7
Fort Dorchester at Irmo – Fort Dorchester by 3

Saturday
Clemson vs. North Texas – Clemson by 14
Arkansas State at Auburn – Auburn by 6
Army at Eastern Michigan – Eastern Michigan by 14
Charleston Southern vs. North Greenville – CSU by 8

Monday
Navy vs. Maryland – Navy by 13


In other news, this is what I missed while on vacation...

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Everett W. Anderson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 14, 1864 at Crosbys Creek, Tennessee. His citation reads:

Captured, single-handed, Confederate Brig. Gen. Robert B. Vance during a charge upon the enemy.

Private Frederick C. Anderson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 21, 1864 at Weldon Railroad, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of battle flag of 27th South Carolina (C.S.A.) and the color bearer.

Private James Anderson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 5, 1870 at Wichita River, Texas. His citation reads:

Gallantry during the pursuit and fight with Indians.

No comments:

Post a Comment