Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday fun

I know some of you have trouble viewing videos on here because your work is mean, so forgive me for posting two videos today.

It was brought to my attention (because I read at her blog) that my friend Jenn had her car broken into this past Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I also found out that the Coastal Carolina basketball team has been in the area since Tuesday. I have no proof that they had anything to do with her car being broken into... but that won’t stop me from blaming them. :)

So... how ‘bout Charlie Rangel? Gets convicted on 11 counts of ethics violations and his punishment is............ a FORMAL letter of reprimand! And THIS is why I laugh when congress sits in judgment of others. The video below is Stephen Colbert’s take on the situation:

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Charlie Rangel, You Got Mailed
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes2010 ElectionMarch to Keep Fear Alive


So Harry Potter fans, are you excited? How many of you went to the midnight showing of the movie? I admit it, I wanted to but I knew I wouldn’t be able to stay up that late. I do want to try to see it this weekend. I know, I know... some of you are sitting there saying “Greg, you’re such a dork”. Friends, I had the original Star Wars movie memorized (word for word, sound for sound) before I was old enough to write my name... That “dork” ship sailed a long time ago (mind you, that doesn’t keep me from making fun of these college students). I’ve read all the Harry Potter books and seen all the movies and have pretty high expectations of these next two movies. I expect a lot of action in this movie and a ton of action in the next one. Anyway, here’s the movie trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I:


Before I forget, let me say “Yay, Auburn!”

The Winthrop Eagles Update The Eagles play Wake Forest this coming Monday night.

The I’m just sayin... Football Predictions

Friday Night
Summerville vs. Lexington – This looks to be a tough game for Summerville, but the Green Wave is at home so... I’m picking Summerville by 3.

Ashley Ridge at Northwestern – A very nice season will end tonight for Ashley Ridge. I pick Northwestern to win by 10.

Fort Dorchester at Dorman – It’s hard to pick against Dorman this season. Not as hard to pick against Fort Dorchester. I’m picking Dorman to win by 12.

Saturday
#17 USC vs Troy 12:21pm (SEC Network) – Don’t see how Troy will win unless he brings more guys with him, Haha. Sorry, just a little Troy humor. Anyway, I’m sure the Revolutionary War Heroes are looking past this game so Troy does have a chance... but I don’t think it’s enough of a chance. I’ll take USC by 6.

Clemson at Wake Forest 2:00pm (No TV) – This one isn’t on TV so I’m sure this will be the best game of the year that Clemson plays. The Tigers need to win one of the next two games if they want to go to a bowl (because this team deserves a bowl game...)... they better lock up that win now. I’m picking Clemson to win by 13.

Navy vs. Arkansas State 3:30pm (CBS College Sports) – I pick Navy to win by 14.

CSU at Coastal Carolina – After not watching either team play a game this season, I feel pretty sure that CSU will win. I’m picking CSU by 3.

Sunday
Pittsburgh vs. Oakland – Look for the Steelers to bounce back from their loss last week. Pittsburgh by 14.

Miami – Oops, looks like I missed picking the Miami game (Still trying to get use to Thursday night NFL games). The Dolphins lost 0-16 to Chicago this past Thursday night.

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Corporal Lewis Kenneth Bausell (US Marine Corps) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 15, 1944 on Peleliu Island, Palau Group. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving with the 1st Battalion, 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division, during action against enemy Japanese forces on Peleliu Island, Palau Group, 15 September 1944. Valiantly placing himself at the head of his squad, Cpl. Bausell led the charge forward against a hostile pillbox which was covering a vital sector of the beach and, as the first to reach the emplacement, immediately started firing his automatic into the aperture while the remainder of his men closed in on the enemy. Swift to act, as a Japanese grenade was hurled into their midst, Cpl. Bausell threw himself on the deadly weapon, taking the full blast of the explosion and sacrificing his own life to save his men. His unwavering loyalty and inspiring courage reflect the highest credit upon Cpl. Bausell and the U.S. Naval Service. He gallantly gave his life for his country.

Private Philip Baybutt (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 24, 1864 at Luray, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.

Ordinary Seaman Philip Bazaar (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 15, 1865 at Fort Fisher. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Santiago de Cuba during the assault on Fort Fisher on 15 January 1865. As one of a boat crew detailed to one of the generals on shore, O.S. Bazaar bravely entered the fort in the assault and accompanied his party in carrying dispatches at the height of the battle. He was 1 of 6 men who entered the fort in the assault from the fleet.

1 comment: