Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, May 22, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY No Name Teri!!!!

We at I’m just sayin… would like to start our post today by wishing my much older sister, No Name Teri, a very HAPPY 39th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! This means that in one quick year you will get to find out 40 things about No Name Teri! What fun that will be! So Happy Last Birthday Before You’re 40, No Name Teri!!!!!!!! Hope you have a good day.

You will notice some changes with the posting of the remaining songs on the I’m just sayin… Top 1,081 Songs of All Time list. Starting with the post today, I will not include lyrics for every song. The reason, simply, is that we are now getting to songs that everyone should know by heart. I still might include a couple of lines from a song here and there, but don’t expect it for the majority of the songs.

Don’t forget, Darius Rucker will honor Pattison's Academy should he win CMT Performance of the year! This is a FAN supported contest. Click here to vote for Darius and you'll be voting for Pattison's!!

We will now continue our countdown of the I’m just sayin… Top 1,081 Songs of All Time


346 - “Run-Around” by Blues Traveler

I love the harmonica in this song.

345 - “Only the Good Die Young” by Billy Joel

344 - “The More I Drink” by Blake Shelton

This is a fun song.

343 - “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to hear my friend Danny sing this to me over the past four years…

342 - “Hold On Loosely” by .38 Special

341 - “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap” by AC/DC

340 - “Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song” by B.J. Thomas

“So please play for me a sad melody/ So sad that it makes everybody cry/ A real hurtin' song about a love that's gone wrong/ 'cause I don't want to cry all alone/ Hey, won’t you play another somebody done somebody wrong song/ And make me feel at home while I miss my baby, while I miss my baby”

A great country song.

339 - “Dream On” by Aerosmith

338 - “The Last Country Song” by Blake Shelton with John Anderson and George Jones

“Will we play ‘Swingin’ or ‘He Stopped Loving Her Today’/ It's really sad to see it end this way/ This land was our land but Lord now it's their land/ And we're still here, but not for long/ So let's raise a cold one and play all the old ones/ 'Til we've sung the last country song”

Great song… even if it’s not really the last country song.

337 - “Say It Isn't So” by Bon Jovi

336 - “You Need A Man Around Here” by Brad Paisley

“Thumbing through your stack of magazines/ I don't see a Maxim or Field and Stream/ I haven't been in a room this clean/ Since they took my appendix out/ Well you've gotta be kidding me/ Don't tell me that thing is your TV/ My laptop's got a bigger screen/ Baby, there ain't no doubt/ You need a man around here/ You can't do it all by yourself/ To me it's painfully clear/ That you could use a little help/ Someone to kill the spiders/ Change the channel and drink the beer/ Seems to me that you sure need/ A man around here”

Another funny Brad Paisley song.

335 - “Red Dirt Road” by Brooks and Dunn

334 - “Last Name” by Carrie Underwood

333 - “You're So Vain” by Carly Simon

“You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you/ You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you/ Don't you? Don't You?”

Here we have a song that was written about me. That’s right, I said it.

332 - “Peggy Sue” by Buddy Holly and The Crickets

331 - “A Good Run of Bad Luck” by Clint Black

330 - “Learn to Be Still” by The Eagles

329 - “Armageddon It” by Def Leppard

328 - “Can't Help Falling In Love” by Elvis Presley

327 - “Callin' Batton Rouge” by Garth Brooks

326 - “If Heaven Ain't a Lot Like Dixie” by Hank Williams, Jr.

“If heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, I don't wanna go,/ If heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, I'd just as soon stay home./ If they don't have a Grand Ole Opry, like they do in Tennessee,/ Just send me to hell or New York City, it would be about the same to me.”

Can I get an Amen?

325 - “Need You Now” by Lady Antebellum

Boy, if I had a nickel for every time I got a call like this in college…

324 - “Immigrant Song” by Led Zeppelin

323 - “God Blessed Texas” by Little Texas

322 - “Gimme Three Steps” by Lynyrd Skynyrd

321 - “All I Need Is A Miracle” by Mike and the Mechanics

320 - “Dirty Diana” by Michael Jackson

319 - “Something To Be Proud Of” by Montgomery Gentry

318 - “Mama, I'm Coming Home” by Ozzy Osbourne

317 - “Alive” by Pearl Jam

True story: This is the song that played the night Sonny and I almost died in Atlanta. Read more about it here.

316 - “Talk Dirty to Me” by Poison

315 - “It's The End of the World As We Know It” by R.E.M.

314 - “18 and Life” by Skid Row

313 - “The Joker” by Steve Miller Band

312 - “Song and Emotion” by Tesla

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private First Class Daniel D. Bruce (US Marine Corps) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 1, 1969 at Fire Support Base Tomahawk, Quang Nam Province, Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving as a mortar man with Headquarters and Service Company 3d Battalion, against the enemy. Early in the morning Pfc. Bruce was on watch in his night defensive position at fire support base tomahawk when he heard movements ahead of him. An enemy explosive charge was thrown toward his position and he reacted instantly, catching the device and shouting to alert his companions. Realizing the danger to the adjacent position with its 2 occupants, Pfc. Bruce held the device to his body and attempted to carry it from the vicinity of the entrenched marines. As he moved away, the charge detonated and he absorbed the full force of the explosion. Pfc. Bruce's indomitable courage, inspiring valor and selfless devotion to duty saved the lives of 3 of his fellow marines and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the U.S. Naval Service. He gallantly gave his life for his country.

Private Louis J. Bruner (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 2, 1863 at Walkers Ford, Tennessee. His citation reads:

Voluntarily passed through the enemy's lines under fire and conveyed to a battalion, then in a perilous position and liable to capture, information which enabled it to reach a point of safety.

Lieutenant George W. Brush (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 24, 1864 at Ashepoo River, South Carolina. His citation reads:

Voluntarily commanded a boat crew, which went to the rescue of a large number of Union soldiers on board the stranded steamer Boston, and with great gallantry succeeded in conveying them to shore, being exposed during the entire time to heavy fire from a Confederate battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment