Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, January 22, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Meredith!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

First Lieutenant Stephen P. Corliss (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 2, 1865 at South Side Railroad, Virginia. His citation reads:

Raised the fallen colors and, rushing forward in advance of the troops, placed them on the enemy's works.

Lieutenant Commander William Merrill Corry, Jr. (US Navy) received his first Medal of Honor for his actions on October 2, 1920 near Hartford, Connecticut. His citation reads:

For heroic service in attempting to rescue a brother officer from a flame-enveloped airplane. On 2 October 1920, an airplane in which Lt. Comdr. Corry was a passenger crashed and burst into flames. He was thrown 30 feet clear of the plane and, though injured, rushed back to the burning machine and endeavored to release the pilot. In so doing he sustained serious burns, from which he died 4 days later.

Assistant Surgeon Joseph K. Corson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 14, 1863 near Bristoe Station, Virginia. His citation reads:

With one companion returned in the face of the enemy's heavy artillery fire and removed to a place of safety a severely wounded soldier who had been left behind as the regiment fell back.


We at I’m just sayin… would like to wish my niece Meredith a very Happy Birthday! She is 9 years old today and we had a great time at her party yesterday. It was fun seeing Sonny and his family, No-Name Teri and her family, Mom and Dad and Susan and Alan and my brother-in-law Brent’s dad. The weather wasn’t great… a good bit of rain… but other than that it was good. I also got a good workout as we carried sheetrock from the garage to the 5th floor of their house. Ok, maybe it was just the second floor, but it felt like the 5th. I didn’t mind… but Sonny was crying the whole time. Oh this is so heavy… oh we have to go so far… I’m not sure why he was like that. I was the one doing all of the heavy lifting.

After the party we got home in time to ship the kids off to The Wife’s parents house. We then started to get ready for our night out. I was ready in about 10 minutes. The Wife took a little longer. Seems she had nothing to wear. I know this because she told me as she was standing in our closet which is 80% filled with her clothes. Then she had to know what our favorite nurse Jen was going to be wearing since we were going out with her and Danny (yes, that Danny). Because how much would it suck to have the only clothes she could find be the exact same thing as what Jen was wearing? After about 3 hours, we finally went over to Danny (yes, that Danny) and Jen’s. It’s good that we waited so long because that gave the rain a chance to catch up with us so that it was at its worse when we got to their house. The 4 of us then went downtown for a fundraiser for Pattison’s Academy. It was a great event and we had a lot of fun. Big thanks to The Wrights for hanging out with us.


The I’m just sayin… Bible Verse of the Week
Mark 8:36 (JKV)

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment