Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday…

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private John W. Conaway (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 22, 1863 at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Gallantry in the charge of the "volunteer storming party.”

Sergeant Martin Conboy (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 5, 1862 at Williamsburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Took command of the company in action, the captain having been wounded, the other commissioned officers being absent, and handled it with skill and bravery.

Sergeant Clarence M. Condon (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 5, 1899 near Calulut, Luzon, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

While in command of a detachment of 4 men, charged and routed 40 entrenched insurgents, inflicting on them heavy loss.


So, I guess it’s a good thing I have a ton of books at my house to read… because there doesn’t seem to be much activity on the blogs I like to read. It looks like making my “Blogs You Should Read” section is the kiss of death for a blog. Two thumbs up to my friend J. Michael over at outbehindthewoodshed for being the only one on my list (so far) to post something this year (other than my other blog I Thought You Might Like This).

In prep for Movie May here on I'm just sayin..., I watched Brian’s Song two nights ago for the first time. Wow… it was as great as I’d heard. The Wife, of course, was not impressed.

Have I told you yet that No-Name Teri is going to turn 40 this year? I’m thinking of giving her a new name to honor this event… but I’m not 100% sure what to call her. Perhaps you can email me your ideas.

About to have twins and you want unique names for them? How about: Our Life and I’m just sayin…? Don’t worry, it’ll grow on you.


Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for my new job. I know people think my last job was stress free but it wasn’t really. THIS job is stress free… at least right now. I’m sure there is some future stress that I just don’t know about yet, but for right now I’m loving it. I also love the fact that I leave work at 3:30 every day. Getting in at 7:00 isn’t all that great… but I can live with that. And it’s not like I’d get to sleep late anyway. So now I get home a little after 4:00 and get to hang out with Susie and Daniel while we wait for The Wife and Mary Ruth to get home. I crack up just watching them play together. Daniel is starting to crawl now, so Susie likes to walk down the hall and then call him (like you would call a dog). Daniel then crawls to her as fast as he can (which still isn’t really that fast) with a HUGE smile on his face. I am extremely thankful for this new job and the time it gives me with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment