Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I can feel it coming in the air tonight…

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Major Charles W. Davis (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 12, 1943 on Guadalcanal Island. His citation reads:

For distinguishing himself conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty in action with the enemy on Guadalcanal Island. On 12 January 1943, Maj. Davis (then Capt.), executive officer of an infantry battalion, volunteered to carry instructions to the leading companies of his battalion which had been caught in crossfire from Japanese machineguns. With complete disregard for his own safety, he made his way to the trapped units, delivered the instructions, supervised their execution, and remained overnight in this exposed position. On the following day, Maj. Davis again volunteered to lead an assault on the Japanese position which was holding up the advance. When his rifle jammed at its first shot, he drew his pistol and, waving his men on, led the assault over the top of the hill. Electrified by this action, another body of soldiers followed and seized the hill. The capture of this position broke Japanese resistance and the battalion was then able to proceed and secure the corps objective. The courage and leadership displayed by Maj. Davis inspired the entire battalion and unquestionably led to the success of its attack.

Sergeant Freeman Davis (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 25, 1863 at Missionary Ridge, Tennessee. His citation reads:

This soldier, while his regiment was falling back, seeing the 2 color bearers shot down, under a severe fire and at imminent peril recovered both the flags and saved them from capture.

First Lieutenant George E. Davis (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 9, 1864 at Monocacy, Maryland. His citation reads:

While in command of a small force, held the approaches to the 2 bridges against repeated assaults of superior numbers, thereby materially delaying Early's advance on Washington.


For any of you out there who like the subjects of religion and politics, I’m reading a good book right now called The President, the Pope and the Prime Minister: Three Who Changed The World by John O’Sullivan. It’s about Ronald Reagan, John Paul II and Margaret Thatcher… I won’t spoil it by telling you which one was the President and which one was the Pope and which one was the Prime Minister.

While you’re all nice and warm in your bed tonight with sweet dreams filling your head… I will be out in the cold waiting for a local day care to open up so I can register Susie and Daniel. Why would I wait all night? Because someone close to the situation told The Wife that there is only one spot open for Daniel’s age group. If you find you are having trouble falling asleep… text me and I’ll let you know where I am. You can come visit me and help me stay awake.  Maybe I'll tweet during the night to let everyone know how I'm doing.  I'm sure at some point I'll talk about my adventure more on here (if there's anything to tell).

Our picture day today is going to focus mainly on Susie... I didn't plan it that way, it just ended up being that way.


Picture Tuesday
Susie with her signature 2 fingers in her mouth and one in her nose...



It isn't odd for me to wake up in the mornings and see Susie and "Agent P" sleeping in my bed...

No-Name Teri and her girls came down for a visit on Saturday... Susie LOVES Ansley, as you can see in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment