Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pedal 4 Pattisons Saturday... But Elton John TONIGHT!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Frederick N. Deland (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 27, 1863 at Port Hudson, Louisiana. His citation reads:

Volunteered in response to a call and, under a heavy fire from the enemy, advanced and assisted in filling with fascines a ditch which presented a serious obstacle to the troops attempting to take the works of the enemy by assault.

Sergeant John C. Delaney (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 6, 1865 at Dabney’s Mills, Virginia. His citation reads:

Sprang between the lines and brought out a wounded comrade about to be burned in the brush.

Sergeant Emile Deleau, Jr. (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 12, 1945 in Oberhoffen, France. His citation reads:

He led a squad in the night attack on Oberhoffen, France, where fierce house-to-house fighting took place. After clearing 1 building of opposition, he moved his men toward a second house from which heavy machinegun fire came. He courageously exposed himself to hostile bullets and, firing his submachine gun as he went, advanced steadily toward the enemy position until close enough to hurl grenades through a window, killing 3 Germans and wrecking their gun. His progress was stopped by heavy rifle and machinegun fire from another house. Sgt. Deleau dashed through the door with his gun blazing. Within, he captured 10 Germans. The squad then took up a position for the night and awaited daylight to resume the attack. At dawn of 2 February Sgt. Deleau pressed forward with his unit, killing 2 snipers as he advanced to a point where machinegun fire from a house barred the way. Despite vicious small-arms fire, Sgt. Deleau ran across an open area to reach the rear of the building, where he destroyed 1 machinegun and killed its 2 operators with a grenade. He worked to the front of the structure and located a second machinegun. Finding it impossible to toss a grenade into the house from his protected position, he fearlessly moved away from the building and was about to hurl his explosive when he was instantly killed by a burst from the gun he sought to knock out. With magnificent courage and daring aggressiveness, Sgt. Deleau cleared 4 well-defended houses of Germans, inflicted severe losses on the enemy and at the sacrifice of his own life aided his battalion to reach its objective with a minimum of casualties.


Not sure if I already told you or not, but The Wife and I are going to see Elton John tonight. We’ve got floor seats… not front row or anything, but not back row either. We’re both pretty excited. I wish it wasn’t on a Wednesday night, but what are you gonna do? Anyway, in honor of tonight I thought I’d list my 10 favorite Elton John songs:

10. Tiny Dancer

9. Levon

8. I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues

7. I’m Still Standing

6. Crocodile Rock

5. Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me

4. Your Song

3. Candle in the Wind - The original version

2. Rocket Man (I Think It’s Going to Be a Long, Long Time)

1. Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting)

3 days left to donate to Pedal 4 Pattisons! There’s still time to donate to this great cause. Don’t wait… donate now. If you’re not sure if you’ve already given… give again. Click on the link at the side of this page or just click here to donate on my page or here to donate to The Wife’s page. Don’t forget to pray I don’t pass out and/or die during this thing on Saturday.


The I’m just sayin… Quote of the Week

We Americans are slow to anger. We always seek peaceful avenues before resorting to the use of force -- and we did. We tried quiet diplomacy, public condemnation, economic sanctions, and demonstrations of military force. None succeeded. Despite our repeated warnings, Qadhafi continued his reckless policy of intimidation, his relentless pursuit of terror. He counted on America to be passive. He counted wrong. I warned that there should be no place on Earth where terrorists can rest and train and practice their deadly skills. I meant it. I said that we would act with others, if possible, and alone if necessary to ensure that terrorists have no sanctuary anywhere. Tonight, we have. – President Ronald Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment