Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Guess what happened last National Pancake Day…

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Captain Nicholas Geschwind (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 22, 1863, at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Gallantry in the charge of the "volunteer storming party."

Oiler Michael Gibbons (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 11, 1898, on board the USS Nashville. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Nashville during the operation of cutting the cable leading from Cienfugos, Cuba, 11 May 1898. Facing the heavy fire of the enemy, Gibbons set an example of extraordinary bravery and coolness throughout this action.

Sergeant Wesley Gibbs (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 2, 1865, at Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.


Congrats to the Revolutionary War Heroes on their great run in the College World Series. I know they came up a little short, but man they had a good team and a great run. Sorry to my good friends who weren’t able to make it out to Omaha to watch the games… but in the end it’s probably best they weren’t there. I would hate to have to blame this lost championship on them.

Congrats to Mike Patrick for making my list of announcers I can’t stand. He joins the likes of past college basketball announcer Billy Packer and MLB announcer Tim McCarver. How can an announcer get on this list? Simple… hearing him announce a game makes me hate watching something I would otherwise enjoy. Part of the blame for Mike Patrick making this list has to go to my friend Cory (husband of the 2011 I’m just sayin… Fan of the Year Ashley)… I was living in ignorant bliss until 3 years ago when Cory pointed out just how bad Mike Patrick was. Now I can’t stand the jackwagon (Patrick, not Cory).

And for the love of God… If I ever hear him tell that stupid story about Joey Pankake ("He hit a home run on National Pancake Day AND THEN GOING TO IHOP TO EAT PANCAKES!") I’m going to punch someone in the face. I mean really… I’m honestly thinking about never going into another IHOP again.  It was a stupid story to in the first place, made worse by the fact that Mike Patrick told it about 40 times too much.  Listen, I’m sure Mike Patrick is a great guy and he’s probably a lot better person than I am… but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to listen to him call a game again. He’s that bad.


The I’m just sayin… Quote of the Week

I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform. - Ryne Sandberg

1 comment:

  1. I'm not trying to steal Mr. Roger's thunder, but I believe I was the one who pointed out to Cory the absolute turd that is Mike Patrick. I'm assuming his superiors are deaf, or it's indicative of how bad the 2nd string color analysts are. He is horrible. I can't think of any redeeming qualities. He's not only biased (usually to the detriment of SC schools), he's unoriginal, and to quote Cory: "He looks like a lizard." Mike Patrick does not have "game speed". What an imbecile.

    ReplyDelete