Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, July 25, 2012

More Chick-fil-A thoughts...

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Earl D. Gregory (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 8, 1918, at Bois-de-Consenvoye, north of Verdun, France. His citation reads:

With the remark "I will get them," Sgt. Gregory seized a rifle and a trench-mortar shell, which he used as a handgrenade, left his detachment of the trench-mortar platoon, and advancing ahead of the infantry, captured a machinegun and 3 of the enemy. Advancing still farther from the machinegun nest, he captured a 7.5-centimeter mountain howitzer and, entering a dugout in the immediate vicinity, single-handedly captured 19 of the enemy.

Second Lieutenant Theodore W. Greig (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 17, 1862, at Antietam, Maryland. His citation reads:

A Confederate regiment, the 4th Alabama Infantry (C.S.A.), having planted its battle flag slightly in advance of the regiment, this officer rushed forward and seized it, and, although shot through the neck, retained the flag and brought it within the Union lines.

First Lieutenant John C. Gresham (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 29, 1890, at Wounded Knee Creek, South Dakota. His citation reads:

Voluntarily led a party into a ravine to dislodge Sioux Indians concealed therein. He was wounded during this action.


It’s been 2 years ago today that MaMa died. I’d say I have the urge to call her at least once a day (on average).

I’m sure she would have yelled at me for killing a copperhead with a hatchet.

RIP Sherman Hemsley... I loved watching you play the role of George Jefferson in All in the Family and The Jeffersons.  You were also great as Deacon Ernest Frye in the show Amen.  So farewell, Sherman, I hope you end up in a nice delux apartment in the sky...

I have now seen that Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians are all boycotting Chick-fil-A… Honestly, it’s like God is screaming at me to go eat there.

I don’t want to go on and on about this Chick-fil-A thing, but it’s on my mind and this is my blog, so I can’t really help it. Do the people boycotting Chick-fil-A also boycott businesses that sell products made in China? Rumor is that country isn’t big on same-sex marriage either.

Maybe I’m splitting hairs here, but isn’t there a difference between not supporting same-sex marriage and being “anti-gay”? I guess I view “anti-gay” as bashing gay people (verbally and physically), while I view being against same-sex marriage as doing at least part of the gay population a favor (Ha!). But really, I think there’s a step or two between one and the other. One of the “anti-gay” groups Chick-fil-A gives money to is the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)… while this group doesn’t support same-sex marriage, I don’t think its main focus is to rid the world of gay people. If you want to stop eating at Chick-fil-A, that’s fine with me… just don’t tell me it’s because they preach hate or because they are some evil organization, because that’s just not true. And please, stop acting like you are soooo shocked that anyone would hold the view Dan Cathy holds. Do you people ever pay attention to elections? 30 states ban same-sex marriage… so it’s not like he’s some fringe nut-job spewing hate… he’s pretty much mainstream in his thoughts.

That brings me to another thought I had… Do the people boycotting live in any of these 30 states? If so… do their taxes go to support an anti-gay organization? Does this mean they should boycott themselves? Really, this is why I usually find boycotting something to just be more trouble than it’s worth.

I loved this little tidbit from the Facebook page of the Jim Henson Company... "The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over fifty years and we have notified Chick-fil-A that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors".  To be fair to the Jim Henson Company, we here at I'm just sayin... also embrace diversity (as long as it's like us).  I guess diversity of thought wasn't in play when they were releasing that statement?  I don't know...
One last thought… Chick-fil-A (and probably the organizations it gives money to) is against divorce and sex outside of marriage, but you don’t see all of those people pitching a fit and calling Chick-fil-A names.  I'm just sayin…


The I’m just sayin… Quote of the Week

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment