Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday before Labor Day

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private George W. Harris (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 12, 1864, at Spotsylvania, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag, wresting it from the color bearer and shooting an officer who attempted to regain it.

Sergeant James H. Harris (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 29, 1864, at New Market Heights, Virginia. His citation reads:

Gallantry in the assault.

Second Lieutenant James L. Harris (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 7, 1944, at Vagney, France. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at risk of life above and beyond the call of duty on 7 October 1944, in Vagney, France. At 9 p.m. an enemy raiding party, comprising a tank and 2 platoons of infantry, infiltrated through the lines under cover of mist and darkness and attacked an infantry battalion command post with hand grenades, retiring a short distance to an ambush position on hearing the approach of the M-4 tank commanded by 2d Lt. Harris. Realizing the need for bold aggressive action, 2d Lt. Harris ordered his tank to halt while he proceeded on foot, fully 10 yards ahead of his 6-man patrol and armed only with a service pistol, to probe the darkness for the enemy. Although struck down and mortally wounded by machinegun bullets which penetrated his solar plexus, he crawled back to his tank, leaving a trail of blood behind him, and, too weak to climb inside it, issued fire orders while lying on the road between the 2 contending armored vehicles. Although the tank which he commanded was destroyed in the course of the fire fight, he stood the enemy off until friendly tanks, preparing to come to his aid, caused the enemy to withdraw and thereby lose an opportunity to kill or capture the entire battalion command personnel. Suffering a second wound, which severed his leg at the hip, in the course of this tank duel, 2d Lt. Harris refused aid until after a wounded member of his crew had been carried to safety. He died before he could be given medical attention.


Don’t forget!!! To join my team, visit the link below.

http://act.alz.org/goto/imjustsayin

If you join my team, please ask other people to donate. If you would “just” like to give, go to:

http://act.alz.org/goto/greghorres

Can someone tell me why when I drove to work yesterday I didn’t see the flags at half staff? Am I the only one who thinks Neil Armstrong should receive this honor? HE WALKED ON THE FREAKIN’ MOON… AND LIVED TO TALK ABOUT IT! I mean really… the VP thinks the President’s health care plan is a big f’ing deal… No sir, Neil Armstrong is a big f’ing deal. I know that good people die every day. And I understand we can’t do this for everyone who dies (even if we consider them a hero). But to not lower the flag to mark the passing of Neil Armstrong is just wrong in my opinon.

For any of you out there thinking about donating to my Walk to End Alzheimer’s, remember The Wife is also raising money. At least she says she is… I haven’t seen any come her way yet. We are getting closer to our team goal! Be part of a winning team and donate today!

Speaking of Alzheimer’s… The I’m just sayin… family took part in the Race for the ARK 5K race/walk this past Saturday morning. We walked it in just a little over 53 minutes. We might have had a shot at getting under 50 minutes but we had to stop at one point to get a snack out of the bottom of the stroller for Susie. I have a picture below of what the last ½ mile was like.


Picture Tuesday





Last 1/2 mile of the Race for the ARK

Group picture before the Hootie and the Blowfish concert

Sonny, Coach Hatley and Me before Coach Hatley's induction into the Charleston Baseball Hall of Fame (fyi... it got rained out shortly after this picture - but he's still in the HOF)

Me and Ross at our his and Ginny's Engagement Party

The I'm just sayin... staff screening future Kid Show's of the Week

This is how Daniel woke up one morning...

Susie on her way in...

Follow the leader



Leaving Nana and Da's house a couple of weeks ago

Playing with a headband that has a shark fin on top of it

No comments:

Post a Comment