Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, September 20, 2012

HAPPY 3rd ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Machinist’s Mate Second Class George Francis Henrechon (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 24, 1911, at Mundang, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

While attached to the U.S.S. Pampang, Henrechon was one of a shore party moving in to capture Mundang, Philippine Islands, on 24 September 1911. Ordered to take station within 100 yards of a group of nipa huts close to the trail, Henrechon advanced and stood guard as the leader and his scout party first searched the surrounding deep grasses, then moved into the open area before the huts. Instantly enemy Moros opened point-blank fire on the exposed men and approximately 20 Moros rushed the small group from inside the huts and from other concealed positions. Henrechon, responding to the calls for help, was one of the first on the scene. When his rifle jammed after the first shot, he closed in with rifle, using it as a club to break the stock over the head of the nearest Moro and then, drawing his pistol, started in pursuit of the fleeing outlaws. Henrechon's aggressive charging of the enemy under heavy fire and in the face of great odds contributed materially to the success of the engagement.

First Lieutenant Frederick F. Henry (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 1, 1950, in the vicinity of Am-Dong, Korea. His citation reads:

1st Lt. Henry, Company F, distinguished himself by conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity above and beyond the call of duty in action. His platoon was holding a strategic ridge near the town when they were attacked by a superior enemy force, supported by heavy mortar and artillery fire. Seeing his platoon disorganized by this fanatical assault, he left his foxhole and moving along the line ordered his men to stay in place and keep firing. Encouraged by this heroic action the platoon reformed a defensive line and rained devastating fire on the enemy, checking its advance. Enemy fire had knocked out all communications and 1st Lt. Henry was unable to determine whether or not the main line of resistance was altered to this heavy attack. On his own initiative, although severely wounded, he decided to hold his position as long as possible and ordered the wounded evacuated and their weapons and ammunition brought to him. Establishing a l-man defensive position, he ordered the platoon's withdrawal and despite his wound and with complete disregard for himself remained behind to cover the movement. When last seen he was single-handedly firing all available weapons so effectively that he caused an estimated 50 enemy casualties. His ammunition was soon expended and his position overrun, but this intrepid action saved the platoon and halted the enemy's advance until the main line of resistance was prepared to throw back the attack. 1st Lt. Henry's outstanding gallantry and noble self-sacrifice above and beyond the call of duty reflect the highest honor on him and are in keeping with the esteemed traditions of the U.S. Army.

Colonel Guy V. Henry (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 1, 1864, at Cold Harbor, Virginia. His citation reads:

Led the assaults of his brigade upon the enemy's works, where he had 2 horses shot under him.


I realize I’m a couple of days late with this, but… We at I’m just sayin… would like to wish all of our readers a very Happy 3rd Anniversary! We have had another great year and we look forward to having an even better 4th year. Before we get to our Anniversary stuff, I would like to remind you that if you are a friend of mine you should go here to give. If you don’t like me, then please go here to give. Either way, I thank you. **Special Note: I know some of you who I count on to give have, as of this writing, not yet given. I know it, you know it and there’s a chance your neighbors will know it later tonight. I’m not saying I will come stand outside your house shouting for you to give… I’m just saying you shouldn’t be shocked if you look outside your house late at night and see me standing there. And for any of you laughing right now thinking “Big deal, my neighbors won’t ever hear you because of where I live”, just know it would be a shame if some water were to get on your floors while you are at a football game this weekend. Again, I thank you for donations. And if you’re sick, I hope you feel better soon.

I would like to point out that we’ve managed to hang on to our Medal of Honor segment, making it the longest running segment on any blog that I read. Now let’s look at some stats for the blog.

First Post Ever

1st Post – September 17, 2009
Patrick Swayze, President Obama, & the media

First Post of the Past Season

September 20, 2011
Stories from Columbia

Total Number of Posts

614

Total Post of the Past Season

299

Longest Streak

264

Longest Streak of the Past Season

264

Most Read Posts (Top 5) – All-Time

1. HAPPY “4-OMG No-Name Teri is 40” BIRTHDAY No-Name Teri!!!!!!!! (111)

2. De’Andre Adams (109)

3. Baby Names, USC/Clemson (101)

4. Exclusive Pics... and Ashley’s Favorite Movies (94)

5. RIP Junior Seau and Adam Yauch (90)

Top 3 Referrers (for the 2nd year in a row)

Google

Courtyard

Our Life

Top Keywords

blogspot greg horres
pat kelsey
clemson baby names

Top 10 Pageviews By Country

United States (17,523) – up from 6,777 last season.

Russia (1,881) – up from 530 last season

United Kingdom (959) – up from 221.

Spain (676) – first time on the list.

Denmark (516) – held firm at 516.

Germany (374) – up from 134.

Slovenia (354) – up from 115.

Argentina (267) – first time on the list.

Canada (233) – up from 179.

Japan (191) – first time on the list.

Top 5 Pageviews By Browsers

Internet Explorer (10,235 - 38%)

FireFox (8,584 - 32%)

Safari (3,470 - 13%)

Opera (1,747 - 6%)

Chrome (1,319 - 4%)

Top 5 Operating System

Windows (19,315 - 82%)

iPhone (1908 - 7%)

Macintosh (1,020– 3%

Linux (1,011 - 3%)

Android (981 – 3%)

My Top 5 Favorite Segments (All-Time)

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients

Picture Tuesday

The I’m just sayin… Bible Verse of the Week

Chase Towne Update

The I’m just sayin… Quote of the Week

Top 5 Nicknames on I’m just sayin…

Teresa Lynn - My big sister… the former Doubting Teri (and No-Name Teri)

The Wife - My wife

Sonny - My big brother

Revolutionary War Heroes - University of South Carolina Gamecocks

Danny (yes, that Danny) – My friend Danny

My Top 10 Favorite Posts (All-Time)

An open letter to Trident Medical Center

BREAKING NEWS!!!! A Message from The Wife

Hate what is evil...

HAPPY “4-OMG No-Name Teri is 40” BIRTHDAY No-Name Teri!!!!!!!!

Talkin Baseball

My Funeral....Let’s set a record!

The Empire…err…Hospital Strikes Back

Reactions....

Story Time

Congrats Susan!

I’m not 100% sure right now… but I’m thinking about counting down the greatest books of all time next May. You won’t want to miss it!

Don’t forget… Go here to give.


Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for all of you… the people who humor me by reading this blog. More importantly, I’m thankful for everyone who has raised money with me for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s and for all of you who have donated your hard earned money. I have been called a hero, but really you are the hero. Ok, we’re both heroes. The fact is, you people make this blog fun… you also make raising money for the Alzheimer’s Association fun. For that, I am forever grateful. See if Sonny will ever say something like that to you on his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment