Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Oh what a weekend!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Corporal William B. Hooper (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 31, 1865, at Chamberlains Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

With the assistance of a comrade, headed off the advance of the enemy, shooting two of his color bearers; also posted himself between the enemy and the led horses of his own command, thus saving the herd from capture.

Bugler Samuel Hoover (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 6, 1873, at Santa Maria Mountains, Arizona. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action, also services as trailer in May 1872.

Corporal Charles F. Hopkins (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 27, 1862, at Gaines Mill, Virginia. His citation reads:

Voluntarily carried a wounded comrade, under heavy fire, to a place of safety; though twice wounded in the act, he continued in action until again severely wounded.


Click here to read Sonny’s sermon from this past Sunday. It’s a sermon post, so I won’t say anything about that slackass being too lazy to copy and paste his disclaimer from last week’s post to the post this week. Still, it looks like it was pretty good. Along the cancer lines, you’ll remember my (and Teresa Lynn’s) friend Chuck Towne has a son (Chase) who has beaten cancer (for now, at least). Anyway, go read his sermon and then come back to see what I did last weekend.

As you know, I went to Myrtle Beach last weekend (actually, North Myrtle Beach… there’s about a 2 hour difference when my friend Michael is driving) for Ross’ bachelor party. I had a blast. Here’s a rundown of what we did:

First we  __                                                                                                                      _ and then we                                                                                                                                                           after that we decided to have a cab take us ___                                                                                                __. We then got back and ____                                                                                              _____. Oh, I almost forgot, there was a great story from the ride there when ____                                                                                     ____. But back to our time there, on Saturday we ___                                                                                                              _________. I can now check off “Ride a ski lift to a golf course” from my bucket list. But I digress… We then _____                                                                                                                                                      _____________. Some of the things we talked about during the game included ____________                                                                                                                                               __________. Danny (yes, that Danny) was sad. But still _________                                                                                                                                   ________. On Sunday ___________                                                                                                                              ________. We got home around __________                                                                                                                                      _____. I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but like I said, I had a blast.

Below are some pictures. Note, some classified information may be blacked out on some of the pictures.


Picture Tuesday

What does the inside of a jail cell look like with the lights off?  Haha... just kidding (as far as you know).




This was Ross before the drinks got to us...

Ross on the golf course... We told him not to worry, married guys always get to play golf whenever they want.  Sucker.

Michael... screwing up my shot of the lift that we had to ride. 

If the sun wasn't so bright in this picture, you could see the course was pretty nice.  I've seen better... but I've also see a lot worse.
 
Going back to the parking lot...




Danny (yes, that Danny) promised Ross' future brother-in-law Matt that they could go throw the football on the beach if he (Matt) ate all of his veggies at dinner... so I took a few pics (of the beach, not them) while they were out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment