Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, January 18, 2013

Flashback Friday

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant John Kiggins (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 24, 1863, at Lookout Mountain, Tennessee. His citation reads:

Waved the colors to save the lives of the men who were being fired upon by their own batteries, and thereby drew upon himself a concentrated fire from the enemy.

First Lieutenant Charles E. Kilbourne (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 5, 1899, at Paco Bridge, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

Within a range of 250 yards of the enemy and in the face of a rapid fire climbed a telegraph pole at the east end of the bridge and in full view of the enemy coolly and carefully repaired a broken telegraph wire, thereby reestablishing telegraphic communication to the front.

Landsman Joseph Killackey (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 13 and 20-22, 1900, in China. His citation reads:

In action with the relief expedition of the Allied forces in China, 13, 20, 21 and 22 June 1900. During this period and in the presence of the enemy, Killackey distinguished himself by meritorious conduct.


The good news is Daniel is still doing well. That’s it… there’s no bad news (unless you’re a linebacker at Notre Dame with a fake dead girlfriend, but enough about that).

More good news, the husband of my personal photographer (is it really a shock that I have a personal photographer? really?) had surgery to remove a brain tumor yesterday and initial reports are that all went well. That’s it… there really is no bad news (unless you’re a former big shot cyclist who recently told Oprah he’s a big fat cheater-pants, but enough about that).


Flashback Friday


Me after my second ear surgery - December 1999 - That's a tube sticking out the back of my ear to drain it
 
Dach (sounds like Doc) doing what he loved to do (sleep under a coat/blanket with his head on a pillow) - Greatest. Dog. Ever
 
My favorite picture of Maverick
 
Little puppy Scooby... he thinks he's still this size
 
Lucy sleeping in my favorite chair (The Wife made me get rid of the chair)
 
Lucy sitting in the chair with Mary Ruth
 
This picture was taken on the day we brought Mary Ruth home for the first time - Lucy decided to guard her
 
Our "big bad pitbull" sitting in Mary Ruth's chair - To be fair, it said Princess on it... so I think Lucy thought it was her chair

No comments:

Post a Comment