Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Poor Daniel...

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Samuel P. Kenyon (Service) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865, at Sailors Creeks, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of battle flag.

Corporal John Keough (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865, at Sailors Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of battle flag of 50th Georgia Infantry (C.S.A.).

Private James Kephart (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 19, 1863, at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Voluntarily and at the risk of his life, under a severe fire of the enemy, aided and ass1sted to the rear an officer who had been severely wounded and left on the field.


Poor little Daniel has been sick for over a week now. He's had a fever and now a rash. We've been giving him meds, but I hadn't seen much of a change.  So... The Wife took him down to our favorite Children's Hospital yesterday.  As you know, my good friend (and I'm just sayin... Favorite Nurse) Jen works there.  I'm pretty sure I've talked about this before, but it's worth talking about again.  Jen is a very sweet, fine Christian lady... outside of work.  I'm not 100% sure how she is at work, but they play Darth Vader music whenever she walks down the hall.  I saw a grown man and well respected doctor turn pale and start to shake when he walked into our room and saw Jen there talking to us.  By the way, we didn't have to wait long when we got there.  Maybe it was because the "Friend of Jen" sticker I was wearing... or maybe it was because when we walked in I casually told The Wife (in a voice loud enough for all to hear) that Jen requested we let her know when we got there.  Before you knew it, we were shown to a room and people were coming in to check on us.  And when they decided they wanted to keep Daniel overnight, Jen made sure Daniel and The Wife were put in a nice room.  Anyway, they think Daniel might have Kawasakis Disease.  If you want to know what that is, google it.  So say a prayer that the little guy starts to feel better soon.

I had to pick the girls up last night.  I got Susie first.  I walked in a picked her up and gave her a hug and told her I love her and she said, "Where's Daniel?"  I said, "He's at the hospital".  She asked why and I told her it was because he's sick.  Then came "Where's Mommy?"  I told her Mommy was at the hospital with Daniel.  She then said, "Why couldn't you stay with Daniel so my Mommy could pick me up?"  And The Wife wonders why I say only Mary Ruth really loves me...

We're just a couple of months away from PSYCH coming back on USA. I can't wait! I've been getting ready by watching all of the previous episodes.

Speaking of TV shows... I think tonight is an all-new NCIS, so I've got that going for me. Which is nice.


Picture Tuesday


On the sofa with Maverick watching football...
 
He decided to get down and take a nap by the fireplace
 
Back on the sofa watching football and drinking some juice...
 
Watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (or, "Mouse" as Daniel calls it) back on our bed
 
He fell asleep in the waiting room at the doctor's office... then he woke up and started screaming and crying and throwing himself on the floor like a little devil boy...
 
He didn't want me to hold him, so I let him just get it all out of his system while I sat and read the book I had with me.  Before I knew it, he had fallen asleep on the floor under a chair...
 
I mean he was out....
 
Still sleeping back in the exam room
 
He was happy to get home from the doctor so he could watch "Mouse"
 
He fell asleep watching "Mouse"
 
Well... Daniel is in a "big boy" bed now.  It's been a pain, but I'm sure it will get better.

 
I know most of these pics are about Daniel, but I thought I'd post a picture of my afghan of many colors that my Aunt Yvonne made for me (her favorite).  It has my 4 favorite colors: Blue, Orange, Garnet & Gold.  (JI - Blue/Orange; Winthrop - Garnet/Gold)
 
Daniel rockin the hospital gown
 
Once they got the IV going, they made a diaper boxing glove to keep him from taking it out

No comments:

Post a Comment