Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, May 17, 2013

The I'm just sayin… Top 421 Books of All-Time Countdown (141-127)

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Machol (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions during 1872-1873, in Arizona. His citation reads:

Gallant conduct during campaign and engagements with Apaches.

Boy James Machon (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 5, 1864, on board the U.S.S. Brooklyn. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Brooklyn during successful attacks against Fort Morgan, rebel gunboats and the ram Tennessee in Mobile Bay, on 5 August 1864. Stationed in the immediate vicinity of the shell whips which were twice cleared of men by bursting shells, Machon remained steadfast at his post and performed his duties in the powder division throughout the furious action which resulted in the surrender of the prize rebel ram Tennessee and in the damaging and destruction of batteries at Fort Morgan.

Captain of the Top Alexander Mack (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 5, 1864, on board the U.S.S. Brooklyn. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Brooklyn during successful attacks against Fort Morgan, rebel gunboats and the ram Tennessee in Mobile Bay, on 5 August 1864. Although wounded and sent below for treatment, Mack immediately returned to his post and took charge of his gun and, as heavy enemy return fire continued to fall, performed his duties with skill and courage until he was again wounded and totally disabled.


The I'm just sayin… Top 421 Books of All-Time Countdown

141 Sherlock Holmes: The Hidden Years by: Michael Kurland

140 Tim Allen: I'm Not Really Here by: Tim Allen

139 Assassins: Assignment - Jerusalem; Target - Antichrist by: Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins  *Overall, this (The Left Behind Series) is a GREAT series of books.  Some, I felt, were better than others... but all were very good.*

138 The Indwelling: The Beast Takes Possession by: Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins

137 Dave Barry: Is Not Taking This Sitting Down! by: Dave Barry

136 An Angel's Story: The First Christmas from Heaven's View by: Max Lucado  *Max Lucado is very good at what he does.*

135 American Outrage by: Tim Green

134 Living on the Black: Two Pitchers, Two Teams, One Season to Remember by: John Feinstein *Jeremy gave me this for my birthday one year... great gift.*

133 The Kennedy Detail by: Gerald Blaine  *This was a great behind the scenes look at the JFK detail.*

132 The Christian Atheist: Believing in God but Living As If He Doesn't Exist by: Craig Groeschel

131 Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses by: Stephen Davis  *Wow... Just... Wow.*

130 Man of The People: The Life of John McCain by: Paul Alexander

129 Sons & Brothers: The Days of Jack and Bobby Kennedy by: Richard Mahoney  *I remember reading this when I was home sick from Winthrop with mono.*

128 The Remnant: On The Brink of Armageddon by: Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins

127 In The President's Secret Service: Behind The Scenes With Agents In The Line Of Fire And The Presidents They Protect by: Ronald Kessler  *If you really like LBJ or Jimmy Carter... this might not be the best book for you to read.*


Flashback Friday
Look at me helping my Mom open her gifts... Sonny and Teresa Lynn were too busy only thinking of themselves

Even at a young age, Teresa Lynn got Mom to watch her children for her...

Even Dad plays with my Christmas toys...

Sonny... Haha

Look a the cute little long-hair baby Greg

Teresa Lynn with our cousin Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment