Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, May 26, 2013

The I'm just sayin… Top 66 Books of The Bible (the Top 10)

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Corporal Sidney E. Manning (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 28, 1918, near Breuvannes, France. His citation reads:

When his platoon commander and platoon sergeant had both become casualties soon after the beginning of an assault on strongly fortified heights overlooking the Ourcq River, Cpl. Manning took command of his platoon, which was near the center of the attacking line. Though himself severely wounded he led forward the 35 men remaining in the platoon and finally succeeded in gaining a foothold on the enemy's position, during which time he had received more wounds and all but 7 of his men had fallen. Directing the consolidation of the position, he held off a large body of the enemy only 50 yards away by fire from his automatic rifle. He declined to take cover until his line had been entirely consolidated with the line of the platoon on the front when he dragged himself to shelter, suffering from 9 wounds in all parts of the body.

First Lieutenant William Marland (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 3, 1863, at Grand Coteau, Louisiana. His citation reads:

After having been surrounded by the enemy's cavalry, his support having surrendered, he ordered a charge and saved the section of the battery that was under his command.

Second Lieutenant Walter Joseph Marm, Jr. (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 14, 1965, in the vicinity of la Drang Valley, Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life above and beyond the call of duty. As a platoon leader in the 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile), 1st Lt. Marm demonstrated indomitable courage during a combat operation. His company was moving through the valley to relieve a friendly unit surrounded by an enemy force of estimated regimental size. 1st Lt. Marm led his platoon through withering fire until they were finally forced to take cover. Realizing that his platoon could not hold very long, and seeing four enemy soldiers moving into his position, he moved quickly under heavy fire and annihilated all 4. Then, seeing that his platoon was receiving intense fire from a concealed machine gun, he deliberately exposed himself to draw its fire. Thus locating its position, he attempted to destroy it with an antitank weapon. Although he inflicted casualties, the weapon did not silence the enemy fire. Quickly, disregarding the intense fire directed on him and his platoon, he charged 30 meters across open ground, and hurled grenades into the enemy position, killing some of the 8 insurgents manning it. Although severely wounded, when his grenades were expended, armed with only a rifle, he continued the momentum of his assault on the position and killed the remainder. His selfless actions reduced the fire on his platoon, broke the enemy assault, and rallied his unit to continue toward the accomplishment of this mission. 1st Lt. Marm's gallantry on the battlefield and his extraordinary intrepidity at the risk of his life are in the highest traditions of the U.S. Army and reflect great credit upon himself and the Armed Forces of his country.


Danny (yes, that Danny)’s Top 5 Books

5 - Just Like Jesus by Max Lucado

4 - The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

3 - Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins

2 - The Monster at the End of this Book by Jon Stone and Michael Smollin

1 - Hatchet by Gary Paulsen

Danny’s list also included this blog (kiss-up… I like it) and the Bible (I was pretty clear I want all books EXCEPT the Bible).


Well here we are! The Top 10 books of the Bible! They said it couldn’t be done… but I said I’d do it. You didn’t think it would, but I did. If you’re only going to read 10 books in the Bible… you’re missing out. You should really read all of them at some point. But these are probably the books I’d read first. There’s stuff here that is useful even today… thousands of years after it was written.


The I'm just sayin… Top 66 Books of The Bible

10 Genesis

9 Psalms

8 Acts

7 Exodus

6 Philippians

5 Proverbs

4 Mark

3 Matthew

2 Luke

1 John




The I’m just sayin… Proverb of the Week
Proverbs 17:20
One whose heart is corrupt does not prosper;
      one whose tongue is perverse falls into trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment