Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Timeout!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Landsman Charles Moore (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 25, 1863, on board the US Steam Gunboat Marblehead. His citation reads:

Serving on board the U.S. Steam Gunboat Marblehead off Legareville, Stono River, 25 December 1863, during an engagement with the enemy on John's Island. Wounded in the fierce battle, Moore returned to his quarters until so exhausted by loss of blood that he had to be taken below. This engagement resulted in the enemy's abandonment of his positions, leaving a caisson and one gun behind.

Seaman Charles Moore (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 19, 1864, on board the USS Kearsarge. His citation reads:

Served as seaman on board the U.S.S. Kearsarge when she destroyed the Alabama off Cherbourg, France, 19 June 1864. Acting as sponger and loader of the 1 l_inch pivot gun of the second division during this bitter engagement, Moore exhibited marked coolness and good conduct and was highly recommended for his gallantry under fire by the divisional officer.

Corporal Daniel B. Moore (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 9, 1865, at Fort Blakely, Alabama. His citation reads:

At the risk of his own life saved the life of an officer who had been shot down and overpowered by superior numbers.


Sorry for the title… I just wanted to waste a timeout for no f’ing reason like a guy in this state who makes a lot more money than I do (which is why he got to waste two timeouts… I just wasted one). I’m not one to question coaches… but WHY?! I just don’t get it…

In other news… I wonder if the players at the other big football school in this state are getting ready to play FSU this week, because it sure didn’t look like they spent any time last week getting ready. Maybe they were just looking ahead to Maryland…


Picture Tuesday

A little camping out time...

Remember what I said about Susie loving Ansley?  Look at how she's looking up at Ansley in this picture...

I forget when this was taken over the summer... but I trust Susie and Daniel had a good time

Susie and Mary Ruth at the beach...

Daniel was telling me what the pirate dog on his shirt says...

Sometimes we dog-sit for the in-laws... this is their dog Lady

And this big golden pile of crap is Scooby.  I try to love him, but he makes it hard... very, very hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment