Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, November 22, 2013

Flashback Friday

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Seaman Hugh P. Mullin (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 11, 1899, on board the U.S.S. Texas. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Texas during the coaling of that vessel at Hampton Roads, Va., 11 November 1899. Jumping overboard while wearing a pair of heavy rubber boots and at great risk to himself, Mullin rescued Alfred Kosminski, apprentice, second class, who fell overboard, by supporting him until he was safely hauled from the water.

Corporal Walter L. Mundell (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865, at Sailors Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.

Private First Class Sadao S. Munemori (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 5, 1945, near Seravezza, Italy. His citation reads:

He fought with great gallantry and intrepidity near Seravezza, Italy. When his unit was pinned down by grazing fire from the enemy's strong mountain defense and command of the squad devolved on him with the wounding of its regular leader, he made frontal, l-man attacks through direct fire and knocked out 2 machineguns with grenades Withdrawing under murderous fire and showers of grenades from other enemy emplacements, he had nearly reached a shell crater occupied by 2 of his men when an unexploded grenade bounced on his helmet and rolled toward his helpless comrades. He arose into the withering fire, dived for the missile and smothered its blast with his body. By his swift, supremely heroic action Pfc. Munemori saved 2 of his men at the cost of his own life and did much to clear the path for his company's victorious advance.


On this, the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, I will take a break from my back and forth with Sonny. On this day that is so special to so many people, I will not make fun of him for referring to himself in the 3rd person (I mean, who does that? Greg don’t do that). I also won’t say anything about the disgraceful way he twisted the words of the greatest President these United States have ever had into an unprovoked attack on me. I would never do such a thing, but I don’t want to get into that right now. Just know, my friends, that I shall defend the 2014 NBA Champion Brooklyn Nets, whatever the cost may be. I shall fight Sonny on the phone, I shall fight him on the blogs, I shall fight him at the lake and at Mom and Dad’s, I shall fight him via text message; I shall never surrender. But for now, I will take a break from fighting him as a way to show respect for a day that is so important to so many of my fellow Americans. In a way, it’s hard to believe this is the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy… a man who once said, Ask not what I’m just sayin… can do for you, ask what you can do for I’m just sayin….


All jokes aside, go here to feel better about yourself. It’s a link to a fundraiser for Dave and Alicia and their son. Now that both Dave and Alicia have cancer, they need all of the help they can get. So if you can, please go and give what you can to help. And if you can’t, then find a way to make sure you can.


Flashback Friday

With the weather being what it's been, I figure why not post some pics from my river float from a few years ago...
 
 
That's where the snakes were hiding



That's where the alligators were hiding



 

Me and my buddy... back when he would have told me right away when he became a dad


No comments:

Post a Comment