Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, April 1, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OUR FAVORITE NURSE JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

First Lieutenant William R. Parnell (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 17, 1877, at White Bird Canyon, Idaho. His citation reads:

With a few men, in the face of a heavy fire from pursuing Indians and at imminent peril, returned and rescued a soldier whose horse had been killed and who had been left behind in the retreat.

Technician Fourth Grade Laverne Parrish (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 18-24, 1945, at Binalonan, Luzon, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

He was medical aid man with Company C during the fighting in Binalonan, Luzon, Philippine Islands. On the 18th, he observed 2 wounded men under enemy fire and immediately went to their rescue. After moving 1 to cover, he crossed 25 yards of open ground to administer aid to the second. In the early hours of the 24th, his company, crossing an open field near San Manuel, encountered intense enemy fire and was ordered to withdraw to the cover of a ditch. While treating the casualties, Technician Parrish observed 2 wounded still in the field. Without hesitation he left the ditch, crawled forward under enemy fire, and in 2 successive trips brought both men to safety. He next administered aid to 12 casualties in the same field, crossing and re-crossing the open area raked by hostile fire. Making successive trips, he then brought 3 wounded in to cover. After treating nearly all of the 37 casualties suffered by his company, he was mortally wounded by mortar fire, and shortly after was killed. The indomitable spirit, intrepidity, and gallantry of Technician Parrish saved many lives at the cost of his own.

Private Jacob Parrott (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions during April 1862, in Georgia. His citation reads:

Rank and organization: Private, Company K, 33d Ohio Infantry. Place and date: Georgia, April 1862. Entered service at: Hardin County, Ohio. Birth: 17 July 1843, Fairfield County, Ohio. Date of issue: 25 March 1863. Citation: One of the 19 of 22 men (including 2 civilians) who, by direction of Gen. Mitchell (or Buell) penetrated nearly 200 miles south into enemy territory and captured a railroad train at Big Shanty, Ga., in an attempt to destroy the bridges and tracks between Chattanooga and Atlanta.


Today we’d like to wish our Favorite Nurse Jen a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! We hope Danny (yes, that Danny) and the girls make it a GREAT one!!!!

If you missed the series finale of Psych, then you missed a GREAT show. I was worried going into it that it would be a disappointment, but it wasn’t. I’m happy that the show was able to go out on a high note.

Speaking of great shows, did you see NCIS is going to have another spin-off? NCIS: New Orleans was introduced in part 1 of a two part episode last week on NCIS. It looked pretty good to me. Part 2 is tonight… I can’t wait to watch it.

I had a great time at a couple of Retirement Parties for my Aunt Yvonne. I learned on Friday night that me showing up at her house to go out to eat with her and my Uncle George and my cousins is apparently not at all out of the ordinary and in no way sends up red flags that a surprise party is going to be held at the restaurant. I also learned that I look like Shrek when I stand next to my cousin Susan.

No comments:

Post a Comment