Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, April 24, 2014

Picture time!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Edward Pengally (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 20, 1869, at Chiricahua Mountains, Arizona. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

Fireman First Class Robert Penn (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 20, 1898, on board the U.S.S. Iowa. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Iowa off Santiago de Cuba, 20 July 1898. Performing his duty at the risk of serious scalding at the time of the blowing out of the manhole gasket on board the vessel, Penn hauled the fire while standing on a board thrown across a coal bucket 1 foot above the boiling water which was still blowing from the boiler.

Sergeant Josiah Pennsyl (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 11, 1874, at Upper Washita, Texas. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.


We had a great time this past Easter Weekend at The Lake. Thanks to Mom and Dad and Deeny and Jim for letting us come. I had a blast going out to lunch with my Aunt Yvonne (I’m her favorite nephew and… frankly… child in general) and my cousin Susan (she likes me ok… but she hates that I’m Aunt Yvonne’s favorite). Anyway, Aunt Yvonne didn’t want to go to lunch with just Susan, so she offered to pay for my meal if I drove them into town. She was just going to pay for mine, but I was able to talk her into paying for Susan, too (I felt it was only fair since we took Susan’s car). The longest part of the trip was me trying to back out of the driveway. If you’ve never been to the lake, you don’t know how hard of a task this was. Even if you have been, you don’t know how hard it was to do with Aunt Yvonne sitting in the front seat. I think it’s safe to say she had zero faith in my ability to do what I was trying to do. I say that it’s safe to say that because that’s pretty much what she did say as I was trying to focus. A lesser man would have been offended, but I was too busy laughing (and I don’t mean “Haha” laughing, I mean laughing so hard that my eyes were starting to water). Anyway, we lived and made it out of there alive. I would love to tell you all about what we talked about… but I have to wait until the statute of limitations expires (so check back next week).


Picture Thursday


We got there Thursday night which gave me a chance to burn stuff with Dad and Jim on Friday morning.

At lunch with Susan and Aunt Yvonne... both were texting me.  Susan: "OMG... I wish Mom would have just given us money and let us eat by ourselves."  Aunt Yvonne: "I sure do wish Susan had stayed at the house and let us come here by ourselves.  Do I really have to pay for her, too?" 

Aunt Yvonne tried to block Susan, but I said she could be in the picture too... so Aunt Yvonne decided to hold the hand of her favorite.

Ok, this part is true... We went to get ice cream and I ordered a single scoop in a cone.  The girl behind the counter gave me two scoops.  Aunt Yvonne looked at me as if to say, "That's not what you ordered".  I shook my head and gave her the "Don't worry, I know what's going on here" look.  When we got to the table, I explained to her that while I said one scoop, the girl behind the counter looked at me and thought, "Yeah right, fat boy, you haven't had just one scoop of ice cream since before I was born".  And everyone knows, give a big man one scoop when he ordered two, and there'll be hell to pay.  But give him two when he only ordered one and you'll never get in trouble. 

Susie showing off her Bootjack boots

She loves her boots... and having her picture taken

Daniel showing Sonny his favorite hold

The weather was bad, but the kids still got to play on the slide

Susie said she wasn't sleepy... I didn't believe her

Daniel loves that hold...


No comments:

Post a Comment