Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, May 27, 2014

20 years?

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

First Sergeant Norman F. Potter (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 24, 1863, at Lookout Mountain, Tennessee. His citation reads:

Capture of flag (Bragg’s army)

Major William H. Powell (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 26, 1862, at Sinking Creek Valley, Virginia. His citation reads:

Distinguished services in raid, where with 20 men, he charged and captured the enemy's camp, 500 strong, without the loss of man or gun.

Private Albert Power (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 7, 1862, at Pea Ridge, Arkansas. His citation reads:

Under a heavy fire and at great personal risk went to the aid of a dismounted comrade who was surrounded by the enemy, took him up on his own horse, and carried him to a place of safety.


Our Top 5 Fan list today comes from by good friend Danny (yes, that Danny)…

5   SNL

4   The Sopranos

3   The Big Bang Theory

2   Survivor

1   Sports Center


Twenty years ago tonight James Island won its first State Championship in baseball. The team was down 1-5 in the bottom of the 7th (final) inning with one out and things not looking so good. But nobody gave up… and 3 Fort Mill errors, two walks and two wild pitches later the game was tied. The boys held Fort Mill scoreless in the top of the 8th. Fort Mill got two quick outs in the bottom of the 8th before walking the #9 batter… which was followed by an intentional walk then an unintentional walk to load the bases. 1 wild pitch later and history had been made. Oh what a night…


The I’m just sayin… Top 747 TV Shows of All-Time


Below we will have the rank, show, and years that the show ran (and sometimes any notes/thoughts I might have).


69   My Name Is Earl   2005-2009  

68   Alias   2001-2006   This show started out so great… and then the lead actress and lead actor broke up in real life and the show went down hill fast.

67   Monday Night Football   1970-present  

66   Mister Rogers' Neighborhood   1968-2001   Won't you be my neighbor…

65   Magnum, P.I.   1980-1988   Possibly the greatest mustache on TV…

64   MacGyver   1985-1992   If I was ever stuck somewhere, I'd want MacGyver with me…

63   Late Night with Jimmy Fallon   2009-present  

62   Late Night with David Letterman   1982-1993  

61   Jeopardy!   1964-present  

60   House   2004-2012  

59   Hogan's Heroes   1965-1971  

58   Hill Street Blues   1981-1987  

57   Alfred Hitchcock Presents   1955-1965  

56   G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero   1985-1986   Another great cartoon that, thanks to DVDs, I am able to share with Mary Ruth.

55   Friends   1994-2004   Funny show that could be ranked higher on this list… but it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment