Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, May 18, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Casey!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Captain Riley L. Pitts (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 31, 1967, at Ap Dong, Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

Distinguishing himself by exceptional heroism while serving as company commander during an airmobile assault. Immediately after his company landed in the area, several Viet Cong opened fire with automatic weapons. Despite the enemy fire, Capt. Pitts forcefully led an assault which overran the enemy positions. Shortly thereafter, Capt. Pitts was ordered to move his unit to the north to reinforce another engaged against a strong enemy force. As Capt. Pitts' company moved forward to engage the enemy, intense fire was received from 3 directions, including fire from 4 enemy bunkers, 2 of which were within 15 meters of Capt. Pitts' position. The severity of the incoming fire prevented Capt. Pitts from maneuvering his company. His rifle fire proving ineffective against the enemy due to the dense jungle foliage, he picked up an M-79 grenade launcher and began pinpointing the targets. Seizing a Chinese Communist grenade which had been taken from a captured Viet Cong's web gear, Capt. Pitts lobbed the grenade at a bunker to his front, but it hit the dense jungle foliage and rebounded. Without hesitation, Capt. Pitts threw himself on top of the grenade which, fortunately, failed to explode. Capt. Pitts then directed the repositioning of the company to permit friendly artillery to be fired. Upon completion of the artillery fire mission, Capt. Pitts again led his men toward the enemy positions, personally killing at least 1 more Viet Cong. The jungle growth still prevented effective fire to be placed on the enemy bunkers. Capt. Pitts, displaying complete disregard for his life and personal safety, quickly moved to a position which permitted him to place effective fire on the enemy. He maintained a continuous fire, pinpointing the enemy's fortified positions, while at the same time directing and urging his men forward, until he was mortally wounded. Capt. Pitts' conspicuous gallantry, extraordinary heroism sacrifice of his life, above and beyond the call of duty, are in the highest traditions of the U.S. Army and reflect great credit upon himself, his unit, and the Armed Forces of his country.

Corporal Henry E. Plant (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 19, 1865, at Bentonville, North Carolina. His citation reads:

Rushed into the midst of the enemy and rescued the colors, the color bearer having fallen mortally wounded.

Private George C. Platt (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 3, 1863, at Fairfield, Pennsylvania. His citation reads:

Seized the regimental flag upon the death of the standard bearer in a hand_to_hand fight and prevented it from falling into the hands of the enemy.


We’d like to wish my cousin Casey a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! We hope Louis and the girls make it a great day!

Our Top 5 list today comes from my good friend Ross.

5   Today's Special

4   Family Matters

3   The Big Bang Theory

2   The Office

1   Seinfeld

I didn’t talk to Ross about this, but if the Today’s Special on his list is the kids show, then he is now the second person I know (besides me) who loved that show. If it’s not the kids show, then he’s the only person I know who loves that show…

If you could, be a pal and say a prayer for Emma Oswald. She’s the daughter of JI baseball great Allie Oswald, who I like to call a friend (and, at least on Facebook, he agrees with me) and she is having some kind of kidney problems. I’m guessing it’s kidney problems based on posts I saw on Facebook. One of the problems is the doctors can’t figure out what’s causing her pain. Another problem is they can’t really figure out how to help her with the pain. Other than that, they seem to have a handle on things. So, I’m asking you to pray for Emma. I don’t know how old she is… I think elementary school age. Say a prayer for her, too, because it’s hard having a sister sick all of the time. And, of course, pray for Allie and his wife. It can’t be easy having a child in pain all of the time and not know what’s wrong. So, like I said, be a pal and say a prayer to Emma Oswald and her family.


The I’m just sayin… Top 747 TV Shows of All-Time


Below we will have the rank, show, and years that the show ran (and sometimes any notes/thoughts I might have).


239   Charlie's Angels   1976-1981  

238   Hawaii Five-O   1968-1980   Book 'em Danno

237   The Rockford Files   1974-1980   Now this is a great show to land on when flipping through the channels…

236   Behind the Music   1997-2006   Now THIS is the kind of show that belongs on a station dedicated to music.

235   Charles in Charge   1984-1990  

234   Fraggle Rock   1983-1987  

233   Community   2009-present  

232   Caroline in the City   1995-1999  

231   Head of the Class   1986-1991  

230   Baretta   1975-1978  

229   Cold Case   2003-2010  

228   Family Guy   1999-2002, 2005-present   Who knew an adult cartoon could be this funny…

227   The Rifleman   1958-1963  

226   Hawaii Five-0   2010-present   A remake that is very, very good.

225   I Dream of Jeannie   1965-1970  

224   CSI: Crime Scene Investigation   2000-present   I loved this show, but lost interest about 5 years ago…

223   Flipper   1964-1967  

222   Dharma and Greg   1997-2002  

221   America's Funniest Home Videos   1990-present  

220   The Daily Show   1996-present  


The I’m just sayin… Gospel Verse of the Week
Luke 11:14

Jesus was driving out a demon that was mute. When the demon left, the man who had been mute spoke, and the crowd was amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment