Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, May 15, 2014

Picture Time!!!! Yay!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Captain Samuel E. Pingree (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 16, 1862, at Lees Mills, Virginia. His citation reads:

Gallantly led his company across a wide, deep creek, drove the enemy from the rifle pits, which were within 2 yards of the farther bank, and remained at the head of his men until a second time severely wounded.

Sergeant Major Charles H. Pinkham (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 25, 1865, at Fort Stedman, Virginia. His citation reads:

Captured the flag of the 57th North Carolina Infantry (C.S.A.) and saved his own colors by tearing them from the staff while the enemy was in the camp.

First Sergeant Robert Pinn (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 29, 1864, at Chapins Farm, Virginia. His citation reads:

Took command of his company after all the officers had been killed or wounded and gallantly led it in battle.


The I’m just sayin… Top 747 TV Shows of All-Time


Below we will have the rank, show, and years that the show ran (and sometimes any notes/thoughts I might have).


314   The Bronx Is Burning   2007   This was a great ESPN mini-series about the NY Yankee's (and New York) during the Summer of Sam (1970 something).

313   Blossom   1990-1995   The show that taught a generation of girls that hats should be part of their outfits.

312   Law & Order: Trial by Jury   2005-2006  

311   Law of the Plainsman   1959-1960  

310   Kim Possible   2002-2007  

309   In Plain Sight   2008-present  

308   Get Smart   1965-1970   I believe this is the show that gave Bill Cosby his TV break.

307   Hart to Hart   1979-1984  

306   J.P. Patches Show   1958-1981  

305   Barnaby Jones   1973-1980  

304   The Cosby Mysteries   1994-1995  

303   Bachelor Father   1957-1962  

302   Ice Road Truckers   2007-present  

301   Saved by the Bell: The College Years   1993-1994   This is a show that should have lasted longer… at least longer than Saved by the Bell: The New Class.

300   The Yogi Bear Show   1961  

299   Good Luck Charlie   2010-present  

298   Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends   1981-1983  

297   Roseanne   1988-1997   I remember watching this show growing up… but I wasn't really a fan of it.

296   The Joker's Wild   1972-1981  

295   Caitlin's Way   2000-2004  

294   Julia   1968-1971  

293   Law & Order: Criminal Intent   2001-2011   I'm not a Law & Order fan, but this one isn't too bad.

292   Murphy Brown   1988-1998   The only thing I remember about this show is that Dan Quayle going after it about something.

291   SilverHawks   1986   This is another great cartoon that should have lasted longer.

290   Mike & Molly   2010-present   A funny show about a fat couple… what's not to like?

Picture Thursday

Me and my favorite godson Lucas at a high school baseball game.  The Wife gets jealous because everyone says that Lucas looks like me, Rebecca and Jeremy (and not her).... 

Susie is trying to get Daniel to look at the camera and smile... That, or she's trying to put him in the sleeper hold...

Lucas was at the baseball game... but he didn't exactly watch the baseball game...

Susie loves having her picture taken...

Daniel was mad because he couldn't find his sisters...

He got over it...

Loves it, I tell you...

Funny faces in the swings...

This could be a picture of me and The Wife...  I'm not sure who the little girl is, but I think Daniel knows her from church...

My sweet Mary Ruth...

Every now and then Daniel makes me think of my Uncle Keith...


No comments:

Post a Comment