Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, May 8, 2014

Random Pics

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Lewis Phife (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from August to October 1868, in Arizona. His citation reads:

Bravery in scouts and actions against Indians.

Blacksmith Wilhelm O. Philipsen (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 29, 1879, at Milk River, Colorado. His citation reads:

With 9 others voluntarily attacked and captured a strong position held by Indians.

Machinist First Class George F. Phillips (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 2, 1898, on the U.S.S. Merrimac. His citation reads:

In connection with the sinking of the U.S.S. Merrimac at the entrance to the harbor of Santiago de Cuba 2 June 1898. Despite heavy fire from the Spanish shore batteries, Phillips displayed extraordinary heroism throughout this operation.


We don’t have a Fan Top 5 list scheduled to post today, so I will take a minute to talk about the lists we’ve seen so far. My friend Jenn had a GREAT show on her list (The West Wing), but I don’t think I’ve seen any of the other shows on her list (though I have heard of all of them and know they are popular). Ashley’s top 2 shows are shows I like (The Big Bang Theory & Friends), but her other 3 aren’t really on my radar. I do like a few of her honorable mentions. My Uncle George had a handful of shows on his list that are more in my wheelhouse. I’m a little surprised that his list did not include a wrestling show… because I had to go to his house to watch wrestling when I was growing up (Dad didn’t let me watch it while he was home because he didn’t like it. And since he owned the TV and the house the TV was in, we watched what he wanted). My friend KC is the first one so far who has a list that top to bottom I like. I’ve seen them all and I like them all. I mean, those are some GREAT shows. I can’t wait to get back to posting the Fan lists tomorrow…


The I’m just sayin… Top 747 TV Shows of All-Time


Below we will have the rank, show, and years that the show ran (and sometimes any notes/thoughts I might have).


489   The Odd Couple   1970-1975  

488   The Bachelor   2002-present   I'm not really a fan of shows like this, but I know a lot of people are which is why it's where it is on the list.

487   The Patty Duke Show   1963-1966  

486   Gimme a Break!   1981-1987  

485   My Sister Sam   1986-1988  

484   Room 222   1969-1974  

483   The McLaughlin Group   1982-present  

482   Inside the NFL   1977-present  

481   Divorce Court   1957–1969, 1985–1992, 2006–present  

480   Dr. Phil   2002-present  

479   Face the Nation   1954-present  

478   Baby Looney Tunes   2002-2005  

477   Body of Proof   2011-present  

476   Captain N and the New Super Mario World   1991  

475   L.A. Law   1986-1994  

474   The Mod Squad   1968-1973  

473   Little House on the Prairie   1974-1982  

472   The Little Mermaid   1992-1994  

471   The Red Skelton Show   1951-1971  

470   Private Practice   2007-2013   A spin-off of Grey's Anatomy…

469   Jericho   2006-2008  

468   The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin   1954-1959  

467   Super Circus   1949-1956  

466   Moonlighting   1985-1989   I believe this is the show that made Bruce Willis a big deal. It was also a pretty good gig for Cybill Shepherd.

465   $h*! My Dad Says   2010-2011   This is another show I had high hopes for, but it couldn't deliver.


Picture Thursday

You know they've had fun when you see this...

An I'm just sayin... exclusive - Meredith kissing her mommy

Now it's Ansley's turn to show her mommy some love

The I'm just sayin... camera man was able to catch this shocking moment - Meredith leaning on her big sister Leah.  Teresa Lynn said this was the most affection Meredith has ever shown Leah.  Leah confirmed this was true. 

Not to be left out... Leah gets a kiss from mommy

Teresa Lynn with a Wendy's cup (and bag) and a Bojangles' cup... we were in a McDonald's.

Saw this little owl blanket at a shop in Georgia... Knowing The Wife and Rebecca for so long has me conditioned to take pictures of stuff like this

Daniel getting ready for a life in Knightsville



No comments:

Post a Comment