Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, May 23, 2014

The Wife’s Top 5

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant John A. Poppe (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 5, 1879, at Milk River, Colorado. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

Sergeant William D. Port (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 12, 1968, at Que Son Valley, Heip Duc Province, Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. Sgt. Port distinguished himself while serving as a rifleman with Company C, which was conducting combat operations against an enemy force in the Que Son Valley. As Sgt. Port's platoon was moving to cut off a reported movement of enemy soldiers, the platoon came under heavy fire from an entrenched enemy force. The platoon was forced to withdraw due to the intensity and ferocity of the fire. Although wounded in the hand as the withdrawal began, Sgt. Port, with complete disregard for his safety, ran through the heavy fire to assist a wounded comrade back to the safety of the platoon perimeter. As the enemy forces assaulted in the perimeter, Sgt. Port and 3 comrades were in position behind an embankment when an enemy grenade landed in their midst. Sgt. Port, realizing the danger to his fellow soldiers, shouted the warning, "Grenade," and unhesitatingly hurled himself towards the grenade to shield his comrades from the explosion. Through his exemplary courage and devotion he saved the lives of his fellow soldiers and gave the members of his platoon the inspiration needed to hold their position. Sgt. Port's selfless concern for his comrades, at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty are in keeping with the highest tradition of the military service and reflect great credit on himself, his unit, and the U.S. Army.

Commissary Sergeant Ambrose Porter (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 7, 1864, at Tallahatchie River, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Was 1 of 4 volunteers who swam the river under a brisk fire of the enemy's sharpshooters and brought over a ferry boat by means of which the troops crossed and dislodged the enemy from a strong position.


Our Fan Top 5 List today comes from The Wife…

5   The Cosby Show

4   Full House

3   The Voice

2   Friends

1   Golden Girls

Not a bad list at all from The Wife.  If you can't laugh watching Golden Girls, then I don't know what can make you laugh.  That was a GREAT show.


The I’m just sayin… Top 747 TV Shows of All-Time


Below we will have the rank, show, and years that the show ran (and sometimes any notes/thoughts I might have).


139   Father Knows Best   1954-1960   I tell me kids this all of the time.

138   Elementary   2012-present   I don't have enough time in my life to keep up with this show, but I loved it when I did watch it.

137   Dynasty   1981-1989  

136   Duck Tales   1987-1990  

135   Dragnet   1951-1959, 1967-1970  

134   Double Dare   1986-1993   A good kids gameshow

133   Dora the Explorer   2000-present   All of my kids love Dora… The Wife hates her.

132   Diff'rent Strokes   1978-1986  

131   Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve   1972-present  

130   Days of our Lives   1965-present  

129   Dawson's Creek   1998-2003   I think my Labor Day Cousin Chandler made an appearance on this show…

128   Dateline NBC   1992-present   This show would have probably been in the 500's or 600's if all it showed was To Catch a Predator. That's the GREATEST thing to ever come from Dateline NBC. The Wife and I LOVED watching it.

127   Criminal Minds   2005-present   I wouldn't watch this before bed… or in the dark.

126   Covert Affairs   2010-present  

125   CHiPs   1977-1983   Who didn't want to be a motorcycle cop after watching this show?

124   China Beach   1988-1991  

123   Chicago Hope   1994-2000  

122   Chelsea Lately   2007-present   Another funny show we just didn't have time to keep up with.

121   Car 54, Where Are You?   1961-1963  

120   Captain Kangaroo   1955-1984  

No comments:

Post a Comment