Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, June 15, 2014

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant John Henry Quick (US Marine Corps) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 14, 1898, at Cuzco, Cuba. His citation reads:

In action during the battle of Cuzco, Cuba, 14 June 1898. Distinguishing himself during this action, Quick signaled the U.S.S. Dolphin on 3 different occasions while exposed to a heavy fire from the enemy.

Coxswain Joseph Quick (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 27, 1902, at Yokohama, Japan. His citation reads:

For heroism in rescuing Walenty Wisnieroski, Machinist Second Class, from drowning at Yokohama, Japan, 27 April 1902, while serving on board the U.S.S. Yorktown.

Major James Quinlan (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 29, 1862, at Savage Station, Virginia. His citation reads:

Led his regiment on the enemy's battery, silenced the guns, held the position against overwhelming numbers, and covered the retreat of the 2d Army Corps.


Today we’d like to wish my Dad a VERY HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!!!!!!!!!! He is a great man who has taught me a lot these last 35 years. There were times he woke up way too early to drive up to Columbia for meetings and then to Beaufort (or worse, Hilton Head) to watch me play a baseball game, then he would drive home and wait for me to get there so we could talk about the game… then he’d wake up way too early the next day to head back up to Columbia. That’s not normal. Last week you saw what I had to say about Coach Hatley and the impact he has had on my life… What went unsaid at that time was that Coach Hatley couldn’t have had that impact without Dad. Why? Because Dad didn’t sit at home bad-mouthing Coach Hatley. Dad didn’t second guess him (or, if he did, he didn’t do it in front of me). So Thank You, Dad… and HAPPY FATHER’S DAY! I love you. Oh, and I hope all of you other dads have a great day…


The I’m just sayin… Gospel Verse of the Week
Gospel 1:2-16

2 Abraham was the father of Isaac,
Isaac the father of Jacob,
Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers,
3 Judah the father of Perez and Zerah, whose mother was Tamar,
Perez the father of Hezron,
Hezron the father of Ram,
4 Ram the father of Amminadab,
Amminadab the father of Nahshon,
Nahshon the father of Salmon,
5 Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab,
Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth,
Obed the father of Jesse,
6 and Jesse the father of King David.
David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah’s wife,
7 Solomon the father of Rehoboam,
Rehoboam the father of Abijah,
Abijah the father of Asa,
8 Asa the father of Jehoshaphat,
Jehoshaphat the father of Jehoram,
Jehoram the father of Uzziah,
9 Uzziah the father of Jotham,
Jotham the father of Ahaz,
Ahaz the father of Hezekiah,
10 Hezekiah the father of Manasseh,
Manasseh the father of Amon,
Amon the father of Josiah,
11 and Josiah the father of Jeconiah and his brothers at the time of the exile to Babylon.
12 After the exile to Babylon:
Jeconiah was the father of Shealtiel,
Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel,
13 Zerubbabel the father of Abihud,
Abihud the father of Eliakim,
Eliakim the father of Azor,
14 Azor the father of Zadok,
Zadok the father of Akim,
Akim the father of Elihud,
15 Elihud the father of Eleazar,
Eleazar the father of Matthan,
Matthan the father of Jacob,
16 and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment